LAT-9 Alloy Wheels

Bendango

Silver forum user
Ready to re-finish my wheels. Can anyone come up with some answers for me on material and proper original finish? Were the wheels bright or dull and was the inside of the pie painted black if so what finish was it? How about the center? Photo attached is what I am starting with.

Also, if anyone has had the work completed for them in So. Cal can you offer up a reference and price?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The original finish would likely be a cast finish .. so if you had the wheedl hydro blaster that would be closer to natural.. the sort of subtle sheene of a fresh casting. I have seen original sets and they appeared to be lain.

Now that said.. there are 2 period rootes adds with them.. one is red car and they painted the insides of the triangles red.. there is a picture of a green car at the airport in an add and it also has the insides painted ot match the car.. the metal ribs and rims appear more fresh cast than polished.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
The original finish would likely be a cast finish .. so if you had the wheedl hydro blaster that would be closer to natural.. the sort of subtle sheene of a fresh casting. I have seen original sets and they appeared to be lain.

Now that said.. there are 2 period rootes adds with them.. one is red car and they painted the insides of the triangles red.. there is a picture of a green car at the airport in an add and it also has the insides painted ot match the car.. the metal ribs and rims appear more fresh cast than polished.

I would agree with Michael and I would take them to a good custom engine builder and have them run in their hydro blaster and they should come out
looking as cast. You also might want to have them checked for cracks as well.

Moondoggie