LAT reproduction wheels

Tai

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Any thoughts on the 15” reproduction LAT 70 wheels from Sunbeam Specialties?

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Personal taste. Some have said they thought the proportions were not as aesthetically appealing in 15".

woody6

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Some have complained that a staggered set isn't offered, while others thought the offsets were not right. Personally, I like the way that they look, and the offsets seem just right to me for a non-staggered set of wheels. I needed a set of 15" wheels to clear the larger brakes, and my choice was the 15" LAT replicas, or the panasports. I love the Panasports, as do a lot of people, and so they are not uncommon. Here's my car with the 15" LAT replica wheels.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Reactions: Tai

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Those would be LAT 70 styled wheels, since LAT 70 wheels were 13". (With all the misinformation out there about Tigers, we don't want anyone to think that 15" wheels were originally available on Tigers.)

After seeing Michael King's quote, I realized I had mistakenly typed 13" instead of 15" in my parenthetic sentence.

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Those would be LAT 70 styled wheels, since LAT 70 wheels were 13". (With all the misinformation out there about Tigers, we don't want anyone to think that 13" wheels were originally available on
Completely agree.. So will clarify the small error ...13" LAT was standard.. As were all the LAT optional wheels 9s and 70s.

The 15" are the modern resto mod verisons. The only 15" wheel tigers were the Dunlop magnesium splined wheels on the LM tigers and laterly the Fraser marque car ( from the LM cars)

Capture+_2022-05-03-12-08-28~2.png

Warren

Gold forum user
In person they don't look deep dish enough for my tastes. Best called LAT 70 replicas in 15."
The originals were problematic. I had one that was impossible to keep air in due to the porosity.
Sunbeam Specialties made a better replica that was in 13" but there was a difference in the diameter of the faux spinner.

But back to the question. If you aren't able to head to the United possibly someone can snap some side by side pics for you to aid in your decision.

Tai

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Some have complained that a staggered set isn't offered, while others thought the offsets were not right. Personally, I like the way that they look, and the offsets seem just right to me for a non-staggered set of wheels. I needed a set of 15" wheels to clear the larger brakes, and my choice was the 15" LAT replicas, or the panasports. I love the Panasports, as do a lot of people, and so they are not uncommon. Here's my car with the 15" LAT replica wheels.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg
Thanks, nice looking car.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just bought Pirelli cn36 185/70-13 from England. They were cheaper to buy from there than in the states. They cost $630 delivered.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Khumo makes a good 185/70/13 for around $60 a tire....
Dunlop has a LeMans sport in the same size.
There are quite a few "semi slick" tyres for 13".. High tread wear grippy tyres... Downside... Stiff sidewalls but much improved traction, cornering and braking... But louder road noise...can pick up stones and probably puts more stress on a tiger front end.

And maxxis a nice 1" white wall in a 165/80/13 for steel wheel cars

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have three with the bigger diameter center and one that is smaller. These are not aluminum but something else correct?

0A075064-8F4A-4667-B8CE-D237DB3CD0EE.jpeg

AC67467C-4C20-42B3-AC01-CA48CC6E3681.jpeg

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have a set, trying to determine best way to refurbish/polish. These are really showing their age, lol.