LAT tach on eBay?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The face looks similar as the LAT tach was basically a converted MG/Triumpg unit.. but as you point out eric the mechanical drive shows ts not an original LAT unit

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not sure if they got a deal.. but the person who bought the one eric listed, if they bought it for a tiger, didnt do very well.. buyers remorse...

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Not sure why people are replacing the OEM crappy tachometer with a LAT crappy tachometer.

Other than the oil pressure gauge, the tachometer is the most important instrument in the dash. For the LAT crappy tachometer money, you could install a modern balls on accurate autometer 8000 RPM tachometer with a modified Jaeger face.

011.jpg

Last edited:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Not sure why people are replacing the OEM crappy tachometer with a LAT crappy tachometer.

Other than the oil pressure gauge, the tachometer is the most important instrument in the dash. For the LAT crappy tachometer money, you could install a modern balls on accurate autometer 8000 RPM tachometer with a modified Jeager face.

My Autometer is still working great after 2 years now... I actually received a few more modded faces the other day and am in the process of doing up 3 more tachs...

Jim
B382000446

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I like the idea of a modern tach that looks old, easy to hook up?

The green wire that goes to your existing tach plugs in for 12v ( key hot ) . You will have to run a new wire from the neg. side of the coil to the 'ign.' terminal ( or from your MSD etc. ) and then hook up a ground wire. You will also have to splice the lamp into your dash light circuit although the stock bulb holder amazingly will pop right into the Autometer!
An original Jaeger outer & inner bezel, glass, pointer and a re-lettered and modified face are 'grafted' on the Autometer for an accurate 'factory look' setup!

Jim
B382000446

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is some great info here! So where does one get a modified gauge face to create an improved Autometer tach? I have an Alpine Jaeger gauge face that could be used as a donor. Thanks, Eric
PS-I really tried to save someone the $400 they spent for that "LAT" tach-that is unusable on a Tiger.....