lug nuts

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
You must be the guy who makes the water pump pulleys on Ebay! Bought several of them! I'm plenty patient!.. you have the dimensions for my lug nuts... which are different from the LAT wheels. Just let me know when you have them and I'll get you paid.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I cannot connect to CAT every time due to my dynamic IP address and Theo trying to stop spam from Asia. It is like whack a mole so either email me or be patient.
Get a vpn like astrill or express.. Problem solved ;-)

Hoghead

Gold forum user
You must be the guy who makes the water pump pulleys on Ebay! Bought several of them! I'm plenty patient!.. you have the dimensions for my lug nuts... which are different from the LAT wheels. Just let me know when you have them and I'll get you paid.
Yes that is me, and no need to pay Fleaby fees

I will PM you with my email and we can take it from there

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Machine work is relatively cheap here in Thailand, with no minimum run.
A set in 304 would be reasonable and no quantity issues.

I need a set of LAT style nuts for my own car, and unable to find a reproduction. I was going to machine some, but not until I could lay my hands on a LAT nut when in Canada in April. It will be tight to do it before I leave, but if someone could send me a LAT nut and washer drawing, then I will run some LAT ones now, plus a set for Sean at the same time.

Anyone else need LAT nuts in stainless as this will be a one time run?

I cannot connect to CAT every time due to my dynamic IP address and Theo trying to stop spam from Asia. It is like whack a mole so either email me or be patient.
Rick tells me that while not in the catalogue, he has the LAT wheel nuts, but with a 13/16 hex rather than 7/8.
No washers though so I still need to do some machining

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Machine work is relatively cheap here in Thailand, with no minimum run.
A set in 304 would be reasonable and no quantity issues.

I need a set of LAT style nuts for my own car, and unable to find a reproduction. I was going to machine some, but not until I could lay my hands on a LAT nut when in Canada in April. It will be tight to do it before I leave, but if someone could send me a LAT nut and washer drawing, then I will run some LAT ones now, plus a set for Sean at the same time.

Anyone else need LAT nuts in stainless as this will be a one time run?

Just want to make a shout out to Robert Straghan (Hoghead).. the nuts have arrived and fit perfectly. I am a happy camper!!

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I am getting ready to machine some LAT 70 lug nuts, and I have 2 different styles. It has been so long that I do not remember which one is original to the car.

Both are 7/8 and need a thin wall socket I had to machine to clear the wheel hub. The SS solution of a 13/16 hex gets around that problem, but I want the stock look, and Rick does not have washers to match

Was there more than 1 style of LAT 70 lug nut? My 2 sets differ in the head style
Anyone have a pic of the early MK1 style?

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Any pics of the stock nut?

5073B93F-DA08-4392-A700-336B465CEAE7.jpeg

FF5411CE-E0B8-4590-857C-FEE458D0901C.jpeg

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Thanks and I was not clear - the stock LAT wheel nut

I have two styles and think that it is the one on the bottom - can anyone confirm this is correct for an early MK1

Anyone want in on a small run of these nuts in stainless with matching washers? No idea of the cost yet, but the ones I made for Sean were 6.00 + shipping
Post from Thailand might be a couple of dollars as these are heavy

20220914_121222[1].jpg

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member

I have two styles and think that it is the one on the bottom - can anyone confirm this is correct for an early MK1

Anyone want in on a small run of these nuts in stainless with matching washers? No idea of the cost yet, but the ones I made for Sean were 6.00 + shipping

View attachment 16093
I would offer a caution about stainless. With fine thread 7/16" it would need to be the harder 316 or better high nickle. Just sayin'

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
So which one (or neither) in my pic is the correct LAT wheel nut?
Maybe you could contact the judges of the concouse’d’elegance for a correct answer considering they are the ones who scrutinize and deduct points for non stock items ?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
So which one (or neither) in my pic is the correct LAT wheel nut?
In your photo, it's the top one. I had an original set of LAT's on our Tiger in the mid 60's before we owned a thin-wall socket and spent many times with an open spanner.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member

View attachment 16093
Hi Rob, I currently have the lug nut shown in the bottom of the picture on my original LAT wheels (2nd version) . I just came upon another original LAT with its lug nuts and it’s still the same as the one pictured on the bottom of the photo. I hope this helps. There were three versions of the LAT wheel, with the first being a small tower, 2nd being a slightly taller tower using the same knock off, and then the final version with a narrower tower needing a smaller knock off to aid in not scuffing the sides of the tower with the socket. Maybe both examples were used during the 3 version run?