Mark II Article

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill,

nice article, i didn't realise the dash had also received some personalisation.. almost like an aircraft in there! Can you see what is going on with the gauges on the far side?

Bullypit

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Dashboard

Well - my friend Frank was a helicopter pilot and he went nuts with the gauges. The joke I make is good news and bad news:

1. Bad news is that the car's originality has been compromised, and of course purists cringe when they see it.
2. Good news is that all the instruments work (unlike Smiths/Jaeger/Prince of Darkness) so it is very entertaining.

Only instrument that does not work is fuel pressure all way to right - I think Frank had second thoughts about bringing petrol into the cockpit.

As I have said, my late friend made things the way he wanted it, and I may just leave it that way - don't intend on selling it anyway...

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Well - my friend Frank was a helicopter pilot and he went nuts with the gauges.

Only instrument that does not work is fuel pressure all way to right - I think Frank had second thoughts about bringing petrol into the cockpit.

I too am a helicopter pilot and love gauges!
I have a fuel pressure gauge in my glove box but it is electrical with the sender unit on the fuel rail. The only safe way to do it.