Master cylinder

bleedfordblue

Bronze forum user
I have heard that a 1980 subaru 1.6 duel master cylinder will work as a replacement over the stock Tiger master. Has anyone had experience with this? If so what did you have to do to make it work?

Warren

Gold forum user

Ford Courier for a dual m/c, Subaru as well. I think the Subie looks the best. Use the search window for either will yield a ton of threads and at least a quarter ton of opinions. I have a single Wilwood it's cheap and looks more the part, but a little firm on pedal.

If you are mobile device entering the search terms I always have to cut n paste from another app to add text in the search bar even with Android 10.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Like to know ?

I was having trouble finding the Subaru unit some time ago (out of stock & not expected). Let us know if you find a source. THX

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have a Subaru master that came with my car, it bolts right up and I had Tom Hall convert the pedal to a 6:1 ratio since I can't run a booster. I ran new lines and switched to a pedal-activated brake light switch.

-Jon

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Raybestos MC39418

Parts Geek has only one in stock - $130.27
TH Motorsport has only one in stock - $156.08
Amazon has at least one in stock - $194.10

Gosh, do I have to do everything for you people?!!! Hahahaha!

Last edited:

steven

Gold forum user
They work well for LHD Tigers, our RHD Tigers, the front reservoir fouls the carby linkage. still have not found one