MEAT!

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Tiger is getting some much needed meat!

002_zps9693f8b5.jpg

Toyo R888 - 225 15 for the back 195 15 for the front. A rebate was about to expire so I bought the tires before the wheels.

15" wheels next week.
15x7-Classic-8-Black-website1.jpg

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Duke, I'm betting you'll love the Toyos...I have Proxes RA-1's- 205/60-13 in back and 185/60-13 in front- the car has never turned in better!

2ztews1.jpg
[/IMG]

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Duke,

One thing to watch on semi's like those is they pick up and throw a lot of stones, if the tyres are protruding from the lips of the guards they will throw the stones onto the body work and you get small stonechips on the bottom trailing edge of the wheel arches at the sills. If you get some clear 3m automotive film you can protect those areas.

I have run the falken azenis on the alpine for 6 years and whlie they are great they are noisy and have the stone throwing issue (though i am running narrow tyres in comaprision so not an issue on those) and the dunlop dezerias I have found better.. better in the wet, quieter.. but the super soft compound has the stone issue...

just a heads up.. make sure your paint is not in harms way! ;)

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Duke, I'm betting you'll love the Toyos...I have Proxes RA-1's- 205/60-13 in back and 185/60-13 in front- the car has never turned in better!

Right now I have 185/13 R888 up front and 205/13 RA1 in back. I agree, the R888 are fantastic up front, RA1s still struggle with my HP. R888 should hold a little better.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Gee, I don't have that problem...but you've probably got a hundred horses on me!

Warren

Gold forum user
13's

Maybe in local areas there are some nice tires available in 13" but not in mine.

I have 14 Pannasports and feel like I have stock wheels as nearly everyone has them. I have been tempted by a friend who just got some Cosmic wheels and says his other pal has some 13''s Cosmics available.

I prefer the cushy sidewalls as the Konis and the springs have had some work done and the ride is quite stiff. There was a big ride difference when I had 60 series and 13''s on the car.

But as the horse trader I am I sold the 13''s and now have 14'' on the car with 195 60's on them Toyo tourings.

If I can get the Cosmics it will be horse meat trading time, if I can find good tires too!

leepear

Gold forum user
I finally found a set of cosmic wheels which were my favorite wheels back in the day. I know how nice the 14, 15 and 16s look on the cars, but I am a person that wants a more vintage look on my car. Powered by the original 260 it is not going to be spinning any tires anyway. Cosmics came with brand new never even mounted Yokohama 60 series tires and a bonus set of Goodyear racing slicks. I am not sure you can even find 13 inch racing tires anymore. Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am not sure you can even find 13 inch racing tires anymore. Lee

I'd say its almost easie to get 13" racing and semi slicks than normal tyres these days.

As for the vintage tyres.. great on a trailer queen.. dont drive on them!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
meat

sam's club has 13" michelins n stock and walmart has another brand in stock. many of the discount tire stores also stock 13". the local tire discounters has them under the name kendra which is made in korea. all of these brands are not performance tires but standard 70 & 75 series tires for every day use. i recently bought 70 series tires from a firestone store in dayton.