MK II TRIMS

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We are on the hunt for the 8 MK II trims for a customer's project. Eyebrow, grill, rocker & wheel well lips. PM with your findings/condition/price. Thx for the help . . .

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Randy,

There is a full set of the wheel arch trims on ebay now.. they are being sold from Australia. I guess your customer now has an option.

As for the sill trims they are comon to another rootes product.

steven

Gold forum user
If you check the Tiger UK site, on their forum there is a post from a guy that has a complete set of Mk2 grill and trim, stored since the 60's. Wanting to know a price. :)

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you check the Tiger UK site, on their forum there is a post from a guy that has a complete set of Mk2 grill and trim, stored since the 60's. Wanting to know a price. :)

Steven... i think you will find that's Randy.. same user ID...:rolleyes:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Randy,

There is a full set of the wheel arch trims on ebay now.. they are being sold from Australia. I guess your customer now has an option.

As for the sill trims they are comon to another rootes product.

WOW!! Bruce sold the trims (cancelled the auction) for an undisclosed but for more than the entire car cost new !!!!!!!!! I should have brought more junk home in the 60's.

PS: Which sill trims are common? Are they identical ??

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
WOW!! Bruce sold the trims (cancelled the auction) for an undisclosed but for more than the entire car cost new !!!!!!!!!

Sounds about right :rolleyes: I recently heard a 'restorers' opinion that $1k per corner wouldn't surprise him.. :eek:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
WOW!! Bruce sold the trims (cancelled the auction) for an undisclosed but for more than the entire car cost new !!!!!!!!! I should have brought more junk home in the 60's.

PS: Which sill trims are common? Are they identical ??

The vogues here used the same sill trim, it is a longer peice, but same profile, texture and ends... you could have one shortened to work on a tiger.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Trim Sales Got Her Attention Now !!

Sounds about right :rolleyes: I recently heard a 'restorers' opinion that $1k per corner wouldn't surprise him.. :eek:

The bride who allows me to stay here has been reading over shoulder and did some raised eyebrow math concerning the selling amount and the stuff on my side of the attic. To quote her; " if someone will pay that much for that skinny tin junk, why are you (pronounced we) keeping it??" This is gonna go down a bumpy road, I'm sure of it . . . . . . .

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
trims

i'm starting to think i should take the trims off my 69 fastback and post them on e bay!

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
The bride who allows me to stay here has been reading over shoulder and did some raised eyebrow math concerning the selling amount and the stuff on my side of the attic. To quote her; " if someone will pay that much for that skinny tin junk, why are you (pronounced we) keeping it??" This is gonna go down a bumpy road, I'm sure of it . . . . . . .

Randy... I completely understand the gravity of your situation...:rolleyes: and the way you so eloquently convey it... still ROTFLMAO:D

David B

Bronze forum user
Wheel arch trim for MKII

Is anybody still looking for these?
I have a full set plus a MKII Grill.
Dave

David B

Bronze forum user
MKII wheel trims

I apologize, I do not think that my trims are MKII, the grill is a MKII but the wheel arch trims are something else.
Dave