mk2 stripe kit

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi all, does anyone out there have a source for a mk2 stripe kit? I bought one from a guy in Pasadena 5 years ago and it was perfect but I have been unable to get in contact with him.
Any help would be appreciated.
regards
Bob

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
MK 2 stripes

Hi: Any well equipped vinyl sign concern should be able to duplicated those for you if you give them the widths, lengths, flavours, etc. Getting them to lie down straight without wrinkles on the car body is another issue entirely. keep em' runnin',

tiger j

Bronze forum user
mk 2 stripes

Hey guy's , can anyone out there give me the dimensions of the mk 2 stripes . I have a shop that can print them for me but I have no reference.I would welcome any input.Thanks in advance.

venice532

Gold forum user
CAT Member
stripes

A local tiger expert has been calling all his graphics contacts and so far there are two options to making the stripes- silk screening (like all the mustang decals) and making it with vinyl. The silk screen process is expensive and requires a minimum of 50 kits to be made. The vinyl decal guy says that the only way he can do it is to lay two black stripes on top of one 4" white stripe which would of course make the black stripe stand one layer out from the white 'field'.
I bought a stripe kit from a local guy when I did my first mk2 and it was made from 3M Scotchcal Marking Film. The white and black stripes were actually separate pieces of film that were laid side by side. I remember it was pretty tricky keeping the stripes parallel as the backing was pealed back at the conclusion of each section but it looks great.
Tiger J, if you think this is something your shop can tackle I have a small sample left over from when I did my first car- I can send it to you to see what you think.
regards
Bob