Monterey Car Week(end) and Gooding MKI

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey all, been awhile. Anyone (else) going to Car Week this week? I may try to sneak down tomorrow or sat. Tiger NOT likely due to stop and go traffic usually.

Also, Gooding have a TX car on the block Sat. Shame they incorrectly catalogued as MKIA. May have devalued or persuaded away some action. If had been MKIA then would have been remarkably similar to ours. Optimistic estimate perhaps.

Med Blue MKI at Gooding

2DDD4489-7807-43FA-A4ED-252436BBDEF3.jpg

Last edited:

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I’ll be there all weekend,Fri,Sat and Sunday. Parking in the infield Green lot. I’ll be the guy with the Riverside International Raceway jacket.

EB94C1C5-AD99-40DA-82E6-028E5B7BA9B7.jpeg

catcollector

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I'm here now as well.
There is a nice 67 MK11 at RM auctions #B382100110 with a estimate of $150K-$200K
Heading over to the Mecum auction this afternoon to see the MK11 they are auctioning

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sorry chaps...lame of me, got busy and neglected looking back for responses. Made it down with first timer buddy on Sat.
1) concours entrance area
2) Gooding
3) Legends of Autobahn
4) Reunion

Danno, did find your car and nice central parking spot! Fun car...
Cobra...thats Don Whitely, right? Baja Cantina...
As for Gooding, site showed "available" and not sold after block. Assuming auction bid insufficient. Car was nice. Had some very nice parts (best shape original dash pad ive seen; only one very small crack), bits and some question marks (seats, why?). Not sure some other things were correct (wheel rings?) couldnt view engine bay but have video of them starting up and driving / stalling.
Again, sorry not to connect with you.

0FFEDAD6-45BD-4B90-A27D-2AF69D2B0933.jpeg

catcollector

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Gooding 1966 MK1=Sold $76,160

RM 1967 MK11= Sold 100,000

Thought I saw one listed at Mecum may have been wrong, didn't see one at the auction or listed. Wonder if it was pulled?

Oh well, still a great time to see all the great cars again.