Mota Lita, Nardi, others steering wheels

Chris Major

Silver forum user
Anyone recommend an aftermarket wheel for the Tiger? Want one with polished/alum horn cover, personalized to the car.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Major

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Chris,

What do you mean by personalised horn push? as in one with a sunbeam logo.. or one you want to make yourself?

Mota-lita offer billet horn push buttons to fit their boss/wheel kits. They can be fitted with various badges or left plain.. there is a guy on ebay (group44lotus) who restores old wheels (nardi, les leston and mota lita) and makes custom polished aluminium horn pushes with the same rootes badge as used on the rear wing of the tiger.

EDIT:

there is one on ebay now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alp...&po=LPV%2BLVI&ps=63&clkid=4290919786653867082

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Another possibility is Grant, although I'm not sure of the availability of the steering wheel on my car, or even what model it is. It measures 14 inches, is a pretty good match for the dash and has a nice feel in the palm of my hand- I don't care for the feel of 'skinny' steering wheels. This car was redone in the mid 80's...I'm guessing that's the vintage for this wheel:

n3ufk4.jpg

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
There is a pic of a black leather Lecarra in my profile. Nice hefty grip and the original horn button can be used however the horn can't be wired with it. You may have an unused contact in the turn signal lever which you can use for the horn rather than adding a button somewhere.

Justin

Chris Major

Silver forum user
Thanks-all. By personalized, I meant with either a Tiger, sunbeam or Rooted emblem.

Really liked the Mota Lita wheel on e-bay, just thought price was a bit steep. $200-$350, ok, $550-$600 no thanks...

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Have a look at ebay uk as well. There is a guy by the name of Bryan Jones who sells a lot of Moto lita wheels, including from time to time used ones in excellent condition. Mota Lita also has a hub adapter that allow you to keep the telescopic and center horn button function operational. Bryan is a wonderful person with whom to deal. You might try contacting him directly to describe your needs via the e-mail address shown on his listings. His seller name on ebay uk is classicsteeringwheels or something like that.

My only disappointment with the Moto lita wheel I got (as yet uninstalled) is that the rim is not much thicker than the stock one. It is beautiful, however. But again, Bryan is great to deal with (no affiliation).

Cheers, Gene