My new exhaust

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Hard Way

That should be your user name Jim and me? Mickey Mouse. The Monza Tips fit my 2 1/4 tailpipe as a slip fit. I had the muffler guy install with a small tack weld...Drilled the hole for a through bolt and then cut the weld with a hack saw.

Something to note for anyone wondering how these "Tips" can reduce noise? Jim called it a resonator (true) and I would say it is constructed like a small glass-pack muffler. They are straight through with some light packing around a perforated core. On the Monza's this core is well under 2" in diameter resulting in what you might think is restrictive.

I got a pair of Monzas for $27.50 from Summit in 2003. That was much cheaper than replacing the mufflers to reduce the noise. Without tips to with is like from a 9 of 10 to maybe a 6. TigerBlue is not a quiet car even with tips. Good thing I am in California. :p

Rick

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Well... I've kinda 'tooled-up' over the years which enables me to do a lot of things right in my shop... was only about an hour job...

You're right, they really are 'mini' mufflers... most actual 'straight through' glass pacs are about the same size i.d. as the pipe but mine have the 'resonator' inside a 2 1/4" pipe so the hole is actually only 1 3/8"

I've always liked the Pacesetter stuff.. maybe it's the 'prancing horse' logo :cool:
The Monza tips wouldn't work for me...they're 17" long ... and $60 a pop from Jegs...

I had very limited room and the Hedman's were only 9" long and $30...

Jim