Name that part

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I apologize if these are not Sunbeam parts, but does anyone know what these are? They came with some miscellaneous parts that I recently purchased from the UK. Thanks
AD4110FD-97A9-463B-BB45-86BD7979CC23.jpeg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I can't say I have ever seen them before, but I wonder if they might mount to the windshield frame to hold the rear view mirror. The ball could be where the mirror attaches, allowing the mirror to be rotated around to suit the driver. This is only a guess.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They're not a part used on any of the five series of Alpines so that rules out the use of them being a Tiger part. Maybe from an earlier Rootes car.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I had another thought. Since there are two of them, I wonder if they might be for a gas strut to hold up the boot lid or the bonnet on some car. I have seen similar items when replacing a weak gas strut on my old BMW. The end of the gas strut goes over the ball and a clip held the end of the strut to the ball.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I was thinking maybe the parts of some 60/70s cars front or rear 1/4 window mechanism or sun visor bracket

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
All good answers so far. I'll add another possibility- a small cleat you could slip a loop over to hold...?

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for all the guesses, still not sure and the guy I got these from with Sunbeam parts doesn’t remember. It is a shame as these have been rechromed and are like new. Mystery continue...