HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
How usable are the CD versions of the manuals? I have seen them on other cars and sometimes the information is so small to read on the computer, that it makes them difficult to read. If that is the case, it would be worth it to spend the extra money and get a hard copy of the manual.

Thanks,

Marty

I cannot speak for all of them, but the CDs I have bought in the past were good resolution scans of the factory books. I can print out the pages I need to use and the resolution comes close to the original, printed book. However, many of the pages have smudges or alignment issues, which I cannot clean up since the PDF files are password protected.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Well it sure looks like the modified crew has been at it. It has the 7" brake booster mount for the later serial #'s. The whole project should keep you in the garage for a while. Good luck & enjoy.

I was looking for a long term project. I guess I succeeded, LOL!!

Seriously, I am not in a hurry to get it finished, so this car really fits the bill.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Nice Tiger! What is the paint code? Looks like it will keep you busy with assembly, since it’s been painted the hard part is done (unless there are underlying things). Have manuals you can use plus Tigers and an Alpine for examples. Bruce Paul in Milwaukee is a good source of information if needed, he’s done a few.-Al

The paint code is #1. It is an original triple black car, which I read somewhere is somewhat rare???

It would be great to see your cars sometime. Seeing a Tiger in person, is the ultimate workshop manual for understanding how things go together.

Is Bruce Paul another club member?

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
I cannot speak for all of them, but the CDs I have bought in the past were good resolution scans of the factory books. I can print out the pages I need to use and the resolution comes close to the original, printed book. However, many of the pages have smudges or alignment issues, which I cannot clean up since the PDF files are password protected.

This is good information. Thanks David!

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Stock AC housing are available. Rick at Sunbeam Specialties sells the Header Tank aka expansion tank if you want a new one. Ask me about the air cleaner housing. The picture is my spare tank they didn't come chrome plated. The original color is satin black .

Ahh, expansion tank, now that makes sense. Header Tank must be a Brit term? I need to brush up on my British terms.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user

Warren

Gold forum user
Code 1 cars

196 of 3763 cars were code 1 . As seen on another page . I believe he was referring to the later MK1A cars.
The earlier black cars had the optional red or other interior color then black.

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
The paint code is #1. It is an original triple black car, which I read somewhere is somewhat rare???

It would be great to see your cars sometime. Seeing a Tiger in person, is the ultimate workshop manual for understanding how things go together.

Is Bruce Paul another club member?
Bruce is a TEAE member. Can get you a phone # and PM you. 2nd black MK1A Tiger that’s showed up in the last couple of years.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can you send me a picture of a Tiger speedo and the header tank?

Thanks!

images

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Nice start to a project.. You will need to find a Tiger speedo, i believe there are repro ones now available.
Same for the header tank, a group in the UK makes factory correct ones.

A quick warning on the front wheels.. The offset and tyres on those worry me a bit... If someone hasnt trimmed the fromt valence id be very careful to check that the leading edge of outer side tyre on the outside wheel when turning doesnt touch the wheel arch lip where it joins the valence.... Thry have a habbit of catching and will ruin your day.... And paint/wheel arch lip
I was able to find an NOS speedo. Do you have a link for the UK group that makes the header tank?

Thanks,

Marty

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Welcome to the club! I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago with my first Tiger. Lots of bits and pieces and not knowing what went where and what was missing. As you said, it's a good platform to start from. Best of luck. Jim

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Welcome to the club! I found myself in a similar situation a few years ago with my first Tiger. Lots of bits and pieces and not knowing what went where and what was missing. As you said, it's a good platform to start from. Best of luck. Jim
Thanks!

Warren

Gold forum user
Sunbeam Specialties now sell the imported Header Tank aka expansion tank.
I think it's around 395 about the same price as an AC housing. I don't see one in the picture. We have like 25 left in the warehouse then no more...

Warren

Gold forum user
No, but I've been to STOA swap meet and held one.
They are heavier gauge and probably can stand up to pressure better. The stock ones could stress crack . Possible as everyone was trying to keep it cool by dropping a 22 lb cap on a 13 lb. engineered system.
I'd get a heater core while you are at it. Not sure on the brackets if not there was a eBay seller and member in Florida who hobby seller made some. I can't remember his name right now I have to look through my contacts.
Oddly I recall his eBay name Ryal64 I think...
Life is harder with forum names eBay names and real names.

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
Marty- was good seeing you on Monday, Bruce Paul has a great knowledge of Tiger, we both thought the body work & paint is phenomenal, especially on a black Tiger. That was one thing that impressed us, most of the hard stuff is done (easy for me to say). If you need to look at how things are put together please stop on by, be glad to assist.-Al