New MSD Fuel Injection

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Saw this at the PRI Trade Show in Orlando. Will be available next month.

A-Home_06.jpg

Up to 620 HP
No fuel return line
Controls ignition too
Displays lots of info to include AFR.
Desired AFR can be adjusted
No laptop
Data Log ability for review on computer.

~$2200. I am REALLY thinking this one over.

http://www.atomicefi.com/home.aspx

Last edited:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I was reading somehwere that the new MSD injection differs from the other carb replacement systems in that unlike normal injection it does not require a return line.. has sensors that detect the fuel required/delivered and regulates the pump accordingly.. sounds great but wonder how well it works in practice? The advantage of the injection also seems to be the elimination of the fule smell.. i figured that was because the sytsme becomes a closed loop.. fuel retruning to the tank.. i wonder if this has the same effect or you get the furl smell?

Also, i know a few people that have had BIG problems with MSD over time.. i know the stuff is great when working.. but reliability seems to be the issue.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Also, i know a few people that have had BIG problems with MSD over time.. i know the stuff is great when working.. but reliability seems to be the issue.

Never buy a first year model car. Will be watching the reviews once it hits the streets. I have been very happy with my MSD pro-billet ready to run distributer thus far. Electronic ignition with a programmable built in rev limiter.

I wonder if this has the same effect or you get the fuel smell?

I would not think so, if you did, an injector is leaking.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
I was reading somehwere that the new MSD injection differs from the other carb replacement systems in that unlike normal injection it does not require a return line.. has sensors that detect the fuel required/delivered and regulates the pump accordingly.. sounds great but wonder how well it works in practice? The advantage of the injection also seems to be the elimination of the fule smell.. i figured that was because the sytsme becomes a closed loop.. fuel retruning to the tank.. i wonder if this has the same effect or you get the furl smell?

I went thru two MSD billet distributors and three ignition boxes before I gave up on MSD in my Cobra....reliability doesn't exist and that is a big issue.

Looks cute tho...................

Moondoggie

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
Holley makes some also. I like the 2 barrel projection, 670cfm, just right for a mild 302. anybody try one of these. Also half the cost of the MSD.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Flow rates for carbs

I understand that flow rates.. CFM for carburetors are not directly comparable for 2V and 4V Carbs.

Four barrels at -0.25 psi pressure drop. And two barrels at -0.50 psi. IIRC

Lower pressure means that there is less oxygen in the same CFM volume of air passing through the carburetor. I would guess that FI throttle bodies are measured the same. (And avoid using 2V throttle body on a 302 for peak power.)

Rick