Wanted new oem front rotors 1967 Tiger 2

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Are your rotors so bad that they can't be skimmed to true them?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Let's see.... it's been 56 years since the last Mk2 was produced... unless it has had it's rotors replaced several times during that period it's a safe bet they shouldn't be turned... Of course, you can put anything on a brake lathe. As a general practice I will not turn a solid, unvented rotor, and many brakes shop will refuse to turn one from a Sunbeam, Jag, TR, Big Healey as well. This is because there is no spec stamping on an original rotor giving minimum allowable thickness.. In any event, every time that I tried in the past (like 30 years ago), I'd end up with warped discs in very short order.

if you look at the factory shop manual, it states.... the rotors should be replaced in the event of run out over .004", damage or excessive scoring. It DOES NOT give specifications for minimum allowable disc thickness.

Brakes are the very last thing that anyone should be cheap about... The listing on Ebay.co.uk is item# 312053689109. These are genuine EBC rotors

Last edited:

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you don’t replace something as important as brakes when needed, your the first at the scene of an accident.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Let's see.... it's been 56 years since the last Mk2 was produced... unless it has had it's rotors replaced several times during that period it's a safe bet they shouldn't be turned... Of course, you can put anything on a brake lathe. As a general practice I will not turn a solid, unvented rotor, and many brakes shop will refuse to turn one from a Sunbeam, Jag, TR, Big Healey as well. This is because there is no spec stamping on an original rotor giving minimum allowable thickness.. In any event, every time that I tried in the past (like 30 years ago), I'd end up with warped discs in very short order.

if you look at the factory shop manual, it states.... the rotors should be replaced in the event of run out over .004", damage or excessive scoring. It DOES NOT give specifications for minimum allowable disc thickness.

Brakes are the very last thing that anyone should be cheap about... The listing on Ebay.co.uk is item# 312053689109. These are genuine EBC rotors
Over the years I've found that a machine shop can resurface the Sunbeam rotors. They have their ways.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Over the years I've found that a machine shop can resurface the Sunbeam rotors. They have their ways.
My fussy agreement with our machinist is to "just dust them" a couple of thousandths on a fine pass only. No aggressive primary pass because they want to get below the scratches. Minor divots do not affect efficiency or wear as long as the surface is smoothed and level.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member

FYI, The listing you mentioned shows one pair left. Cost today is $376.46 delivered with delivery being 05/26 to 05/30. There is also another listing that shows that they sell the EBC rotors. It mentions delivery within 40 days.

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A quick web check, ....Oh MY.....$$$$

Don't worry about the incorrect picture, they will Fit Just fine....
...or your MONEY back......????

The GOOD news, Free shipping!

BUT, remember, THAT price is EACH! .....maybe??

https://www.napaonline.com/accessories/ebc-oem-replacement-brake-rotors/1338fac1

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 08-46-10 RK214 EBC Front OEM Plain Rotors - Fits 1963-1968 Sunbeam Al...png

Last edited:

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The Napa price is insane, why I bought them out of the UK. EBC in the UK also has the incorrect image, but I can confirm that they are the correct part.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Napa price is insane, why I bought them out of the UK. EBC in the UK also has the incorrect image, but I can confirm that they are the correct part.
How long did it take from placing the order to taking delivery?

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Good news, Summit also sells that part number (RK214), but they list it as a PAIR of rotors...for the same price.

...as if it matters, ETA 4-11-23.

BTW, if you are in a Timely need, PM me.

DW