New owner time

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have just taken possession of 9470713 and am looking for any history of the car you can help with. The car was found in San Jacinto Ca and now will be living in Riverside. Minor problems, steering wheel lock and turn signal switch need to be fixed. So far just a fine new car for me to enjoy.

Attachments

• 4E0F2EAD-1841-4C2B-97F1-DC000197A2A7_1_201_a.jpeg
    4E0F2EAD-1841-4C2B-97F1-DC000197A2A7_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 229

Warren

Gold forum user
Elsewhere

Seen you post elsewhere. Are you referring to the center telescoping feature of the wheel?
Didn't a couple of guys say it's belonged to Lou Anderson?
What did Norm say?
Look at DMV.org and download INF70
ask them and pay 6 bucks wait 6 weeks
and maybe get other names of other P.O.s in California. Add some pictures here and maybe the locals will have their memories stirred up.
The turn signals usually has a little clip that breaks are you talking about the cancelling feature?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Spiffy !

I have just taken possession of 9470713 and am looking for any history of the car you can help with. The car was found in San Jacinto Ca and now will be living in Riverside. Minor problems, steering wheel lock and turn signal switch need to be fixed. So far just a fine new car for me to enjoy.

Well, that's about the cleanest set of data plates I've seen. . . . . .I'm also plotting to try that colour on a current abandoned project.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have been getting good info, here and on FB. The car is Lou's old car, per ID plate and mods that I can verify. The turn signal problem is a very sloppy switch that does not always make contact. The steering wheel telescope feature is also a failure, but I do have a drawing of just what I need to try to fix.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Update time

I've been doing a bit of work today, several things done. The steering wheel lock does work on the telescope feature, just not connected to the wheel hub lock. Looks like more work need to allow adjustment, for now I have set the wheel where I like it. Haven't looked at the turn signal switch, just very loose in the column. Also checked lights, always a good thing. Our signals are out, might be the switch problem. Headlights and parking lights work. Brake lights are out, new switch ordered. So far, the car is really fun to drive, just bit of fine tuning to go. As usual!