new owner

FrankS

Silver forum user
Well I bought B9471424, TAC #0634, the car is n great condition, don't like the green color but it will grow on me I'm sure. Looking forward to making modification and attending events. Still looking for a project car, but very happy getting one I can enjoy from day one.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Congratulations!:cool: And what pray tell is in store for this one in the way of mods? Cheers, Gene

FrankS

Silver forum user
plans

The car is in excellent shape so mostly mechanical (totally unnecessary) improvemets. Dale did the body a few years back, but I'm going to put his new suspension kit with the wilwood discs, a 5 speed, and 331 with EFI... the car is truely stunning right now but I can't seem to leave anything alone:)

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Do his front springs lower the car or just stiffen it up? Congrats on the purchase.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Frank, assume you are meaning dales new front cross member? With the motor and 'box thats quite a set of modifications, certainly bringing it up to modern specs, are you installing a LSD or torque arm?

Are you going to use ModTigers 5 speed T5 conversion? You know that requires a little tunnel beating?

FrankS

Silver forum user
green car mods

yes that whole new suspension set up is nice, I had it on the Black Tiger I sold back to Dale, and it is phenominal and when combined with the wilwoods disc at the corners the black car was superb to drive. As for the five speed I really forgot what we did on the black car I'll ask Dale what route we are going on this green car. We had currie do stuf to the rear end and the set up was like a three link thing if I remeber correctly but it worked well with the horsepower, as far as hooking up, I should remeber all this but it's been at least 2 years and stuff has probably changed anyway. In any event last night I was shocked to see how dim the tail lights and brake lights are on this car so I need to figure out what to do over the week end any ideas?

AHudson777

Silver forum user
yes that whole new suspension set up is nice, I had it on the Black Tiger I sold back to Dale, and it is phenominal and when combined with the wilwoods disc at the corners the black car was superb to drive. As for the five speed I really forgot what we did on the black car I'll ask Dale what route we are going on this green car. We had currie do stuf to the rear end and the set up was like a three link thing if I remeber correctly but it worked well with the horsepower, as far as hooking up, I should remeber all this but it's been at least 2 years and stuff has probably changed anyway. In any event last night I was shocked to see how dim the tail lights and brake lights are on this car so I need to figure out what to do over the week end any ideas?

Congratulations Frank! Funny, I actually PREFER Green and Blue. Good for you. I bet it looks great.

Far as the tail lights, I just did a mod to a couple cars of mine that had AWFUL candle-dim brake/tail lights. I did an LED conversion to the Pantera, made a tremendous difference. This was 'Pantera specific' and supremely engineered.

I was so impressed that I bought LEDs brake bulbs (24 light) for another car (Ferrari Boxer) and once again, tremendous light increase, less currrent draw and heat.

Not sure what bulb Tigers use, but make sure you get 'radial fire' LEDs if you go that route, meaning the LEDS are on the side and end. If you do them for the blinkers too, you may need to put in a relay since they draw so little current they won't trip the flasher.

Can't wait to see pics of your new toy.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
In any event last night I was shocked to see how dim the tail lights and brake lights are on this car so I need to figure out what to do over the week end any ideas?

If the stock lighst are in good condition they actually work quite well (certainly bright enough) If they look dim ensure that you have a good earth/frounding for them, if they are not making good contact they will be dim. Another thing to do is polish the insides of the housings, it makes them reflect much brighter.

Maybe start by putting your hand in the back of the housing and moving the socket around on the case and see if it gets brighter, also check the wires and grounds are good and have a firm connection.. if that doesnt help maybe pull the housings open them up and given them a good polish.