NOS Seatbelts

Agent 861

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I just purchased a set of original Rootes Group NOS seatbelts. Ebay 225386888535. The seller tells me they have another set as well. For those who are going for the ultimate concourse restoration I can connect you with the seller - Karl

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just purchased a set of original Rootes Group NOS seatbelts. Ebay 225386888535. The seller tells me they have another set as well. For those who are going for the ultimate concourse restoration I can connect you with the seller - Karl
Yes please.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I did a search on the item number and got a "not found" for the old listing"

It would be good to post some photos of the belts. Or a screen shot of the auction so we can see what the belts look like

Also are you sure the belts are correct for an alpine/ tiger.

The majority of NOS Rootes belts I've seen are for the later Chrysler cars post 67. Usually a black buckle with a Chrysler pentstar and Rootes written under

Rootes mostly offered the Irvin parachute company belts in 2 colours a light grey or rarer black.
They had 3 variations on buckle logos.

They came in 2 and 3 point and the Alpine/Tiger specific ones had a plastic sleeve on the shorter one that goes next to the centre console to help it from scrunching under the seat.

Screenshot_20230408-102558~2.png

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This thread got off the original topic – there was another set of seat belts for sale on eBay. But there is a lot of information about seat belts used in Tigers and other Rootes vehicles in subsequent posts.

Since one of the main benefits of our C.A.T. Forum is the information contained in it for future readers, we want to make this good information about seat belts available where a future reader might look for it – in the Body forum in the Tiger Technical – Stock section.

Feel free to drop me a private communication if you have any questions about this move. Thanks!
David