Original Restored Tiger dashboard

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What makes this so unique is that it is an original Tiger dash with original veneer (not a reproduction) – carefully stripped, refinished, lettering, polyurethane top coat. My guess 15+ top coats carefully applied and multiple block wet sanding starting at 400 grit, then 1500 to a final 2500 grit. After last topcoat/2500g wet sand it was polished using a small orbital polisher: first using a fine scratch removing compound, followed by a final polish compound then hand buffed with clean paper towels (so it could be polished even more if you wanted). I think the end result turned out very good and would guess I am in the 40+ hours easily (a very time consuming task – plus add wait time between topcoats to make sure it dries correctly, etc.) I opted for this level of polish/finish because I think it can be maintained/polished ongoing when installed in the car with paper towel (we will find out – this worked well on dash I did with Poly back in the late 90’s). Was thinking $500 and that would include up to 50$ for packaging and shipping.

Attachments

• 3.5 x 5 in.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 140

cjmustangman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
What makes this so unique is that it is an original Tiger dash with original veneer (not a reproduction) – carefully stripped, refinished, lettering, polyurethane top coat. My guess 15+ top coats carefully applied and multiple block wet sanding starting at 400 grit, then 1500 to a final 2500 grit. After last topcoat/2500g wet sand it was polished using a small orbital polisher: first using a fine scratch removing compound, followed by a final polish compound then hand buffed with clean paper towels (so it could be polished even more if you wanted). I think the end result turned out very good and would guess I am in the 40+ hours easily (a very time consuming task – plus add wait time between topcoats to make sure it dries correctly, etc.) I opted for this level of polish/finish because I think it can be maintained/polished ongoing when installed in the car with paper towel (we will find out – this worked well on dash I did with Poly back in the late 90’s). Was thinking $500 and that would include up to 50$ for packaging and shipping.
I'll take it pm sent

mgmike69

Bronze forum user
Brian does this dash have a glove box door.
Thanks
Mike

cjmustangman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I've decided to pass on this dash, it's very nicely done, a couple of smalls flaws but a beautiful dash none the less.