panasport wheels

Cal44

Gold forum user
They are up in Torrance. #310.373.0071
As for being here in town, I don't have a clue.

tooth

Bronze forum user
c2motorsports tells me that panasports cannot be fitted to my tiger without using spacers. My mechanics says this is 100 percent not true. Can somebody tell me where to buy wheels for this thing????

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
What size wheels are you trying to fit? 14 inch, 15 inch, 16 inch? How wide of a rim? 5 inches, 6 inches, 7 inches? What size tires are you planning on using? What size Panasports are they trying to sell you (wheel diameter, rim size, offset/back side measurements?).

If you dig through the old Tigersunited.com website, you will find a lot of postings from guys that were looking at 15 inch Panasports and what they found to fit.

As I recall, the key on the front is to have a back side measurement of about 4.75 inches for the larger size wheels. For smaller ones I think you need to stay at about 3.5 inches. With the larger sizes, the upper A-Arm can tuck inside the rim and you can run a wider rim. With smaller diameter wheels, you need to keep space between the inside rim and the A-Arm. Of course with the bigger wheels, you need to run lower profile tires, which brings up ride comfort issues. You might have some rough edge, excess metal on the end of the a-arm by the upper ball joint that serves no purpose and can be ground off for a little extra clearance.

FYI, I am running 16 inch wheels with 7 inch rims. My street tires are 205/45/16 in the front. The wheels have +25 mm offset. I have to use a 3 mm spacer in the front. The tire really fills the wheel well. Probably most people are going to be happier with a 6 inch rim and narrower, taller tire due to lack of power steering.

Tell us what your objectives are and what the specs are for the Panasports and we can critique what they are telling you. I am willing to give it a shot.

Cheers, Gene

tooth

Bronze forum user
Thanks for the response guys. I am trying to run 15 x6 in the front with a 24 mm offset. I am trying to run 15x7 in the rear with 25 mm offset. my mechanic says this can be done without using spacers. I am not sure what tires will fit once i get the wheels.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
It seems to me you would be okay with those sizes.

The Tigersunited website had a posting that said 15x7 Panasport rears with a +20mm offset cleared the rear leaf springs by 1/2 inch when using 205/50 tires. A +25 mm offset would move the rim in about 0.2 inches, reducing the clearance to about 0.3 inches. I have 16x7 wheels with +25 mm offsets on my rears, but have 215/40 tires which have a different cross section than what you will probably be using. They are very close to my springs, but work okay.

That same posting said he was using 15x6 on the front with a +24mm offset. Supposedly with no frame or body clearance issues using 195/50 tires. Quite possibly some other forum members have the exact setup you are contemplating and can directly confirm the sizes work.

In any event, the above suggestion to contact Dale A is an excellent one.

Whatever sizes of wheels and tires you get, you will likely have to do a little trimming of the lower front valence at the wheel well to avoid scrubbing at full lock when turning, especially when backing up.

BTW, are the Panasport wheels drilled for 7/16 inch studs?

Cheers, Gene