Rapier

KenF

Gold forum user
A friend of mine saw this Rapier in the parking lot of the Summit Racing warehouse in Reno.

Rapier.jpeg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Im not sure the scale of the metal flake matches the size of the body..... But That's probably the LEAST concerning thing... 😨

I mean.. The grill mod means it has no parking or indicator lights..... 😂

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would say it's not a car intended for every day use on the highway so upon close inspection you would find many pieces not installed. A short person would have a tough time seeing over the front of the car.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I would say it's not a car intended for every day use on the highway so upon close inspection you would find many pieces not installed. A short person would have a tough time seeing over the front of the car.
You think its not a daily driver? Really?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Im not sure the scale of the metal flake matches the size of the body..... But That's probably the LEAST concerning thing... 😨

I mean.. The grill mod means it has no parking or indicator lights..... 😂
That's because it's intended use is a drag strip. that last thing you'd want to do... is turn!

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Reminds me of my favorite car for sale newspaper add back in the mid 70's (Santa Maria, CA) .. went something like this .. 1965 MG Midget, 327 SBC, must sell, am afraid ..

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
That's because it's intended use is a drag strip. that last thing you'd want to do... is turn!
I spent a lot of time back in the late 60's and early 70's at drag strips crewing on a 55 Pontiac that raced in stock class. Cars like this Rapier were called a gasser. Steering got a little touchy if the front wheels weren't on the ground. There was a guy in Huntington that built a gasser using an Austin Healy 100. We told him then that he wasted a valuable car.

Warren

Gold forum user
I'd say many of us are gassers... ;)
The fellow who has Rick M. old black car seen on the home page has a 100/6 Healey shown below. Guess he needed a GT car.

IMG_20200619_070755_01.jpg