Rear brake hose

steven

Gold forum user
I have a stainless rear brake hose from the main pipe to the Y section at the rear to go to each brake. Had a small leak and my mechanic (son) found the problem. When bought the new hose has a long thread to mount to the main pipe via a lock nut. The other end is smaller to attach to the Y unit to split the brake to both wheels. The smaller thread is about 5-6mm it needs about 4mm extra to seal.

When I contacted the seller they refuse to tell me the thread length of the smaller end and say it should be fitted with a copper washer that may be a fix however I would like a metal to metal seal

Any answers would be good

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Odd Hose

If you look at a complete set, you will find 2 (original) front hoses are designed to seal at the calipers with a copper washer. One long end with taper and one short flat. The rear, however, has two long-ish tapered ends. Shop for the correct hose or use a copper washer. Just sayin'

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
What Y?

On My car the rear hose connects to the "Hard Lines" with Flare connections, no need for washers. The line feeds the Passenger Wheel Cyclinder, then out of the "bleeder" hole, over to the Driver side Wheel Cyclinder. Only the Fronts need Copper Crush Washers.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
hose

The early Alpines used a "Y" for the rear brake hoses. It was bolted to the rear axle housing. The Tigers used the same set up as later Alpines with one line going to the right wheel cylinder with another line coming off the bleeder port and running to the other wheel cylinder.

steven

Gold forum user
Ok my Tiger has the Y bolted to the rear axle housing with another hose to right rear disc brake and hard line to other hose left side disc brake

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not Stock fer sure

Ok my Tiger has the Y bolted to the rear axle housing with another hose to right rear disc brake and hard line to other hose left side disc brake

Modified system needs modified solutions.