Rear Exhaust Routing

althewiz

New forum user
I need some advice about routing exhaust tubes over the top of the rear differential. All tigers I have peeked under including my own have the pipes running below the diff. I have only about 1/4 inch clearance to the axle housing so I've got to redesign the routing.

Bosspwrd

Silver forum user
RE : Exhaust Clearance , "No room for Error"

I need some advice about routing exhaust tubes over the top of the rear differential. All tigers I have peeked under including my own have the pipes running below the diff. I have only about 1/4 inch clearance to the axle housing so I've got to redesign the routing.

All the Tigers that I have owned , past to my present ones . Plus those I have observed ......... They ALL go UNDERNEATH THE REAR AXLE . Clearance is tight , but the way the factory did it . Why your mounts & hangers MUST BE in top shape .

Bosspwrd - :------ " I love Drag Racing "

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The alpine runs the exhaust over the rear axle , but it only runs on the lhs. There is no battery box on the tiger rhs and many people move the fuel pump to the boot, so you could attempt to rout it like a mirror of the alpine but you have the panhard rod to deal with and have to get it high enough to not have the rear end hit it in compression... Why not adjust yours to get a little more clearance?.