Repair suggestions or options for Tiger rear fender Rootes badge

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looking for how to info or source for someone that can repair chipped enamel emblem on Tiger rea fender Rootes badge. I not even sure what to search for on the web but would assume this could be repaired. Any suggestions?

20230228_033806822_iOS.jpg

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Maybe try the UK Talbot club the badges were the front guard badges for them.. and the centre cloine logos were also used on Talbot and early Rapier hubcaps. They can be removed and used in the Tiger Rootes rear fender badges... Not a repair but a replacement

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The original process is vitreous enamel and they cannot be repaired. Sunbeam Specialties used to stock them, maybe he still does, as i recall they weren't listed in his catalog and I bought 4 for my father's Talbot. These were used on the hubcaps of Sunbeam Talbot's (Mk2a anyway) and on the lower front fenders of the Sunbeam Talbot 90 Mk3. The MK3 version uses the entire part along with the shield. My father has owned Sunbeam Talbots since the late 50's.

I found a set of 4 on ebay UK listing # 143649956877 and sunbeam-alpine.co.uk shows them in their on-line catalog as part #F67

Last edited:

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thank you very much, off on a Rabit hunt - ' vitreous enamel', you have to admit that sounds expensive, FYI sunbeam-alpine.co.uk price sheet showing 'no longer available' .. it's always something.

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I poked around internet searching and seems that our 'vitreous enamel' badges can be 'sort of' repaired using a color matched Epoxy. The color matching is the challenge - there are some antique and jewlery restoration folks that can do this but cost unknow. I did find one artist that seemed like a maybe > completed the 'contact us' email and updated the picture. Who knows, may turn out (or may not)