Replica LAT Tiger hoods

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Time for the good news, the LAT style hoods are available for order. I'll be bringing one, at least, to Laguna Seca during the Motorsports Reunion if anyone is interested. I also have a set of molds for a plain stock hood available. I am open for messages as of today.
There are a few details to add. All hoods come with square corners, but as the photos show, they are scribed to show where to shape the round corner version. Also, all hood hinge mounting posts have metal inserts that are tapped for the proper bolt size. Same for the hood latch mounting point. If you wish to use nutserts instead of the metal inserts, I can just add more material to stiffen that section. There is an option to allow for using hood pins as shown in the back side of the round corner hood, the one for my car. This makes a solid base for the pin latch pads. The hoods will come sanded and painted on the bonding joint and could be used as is. I know most will have their body guy work the hood over before mounting. I call them a 90% hood, not perfect.
Pricing...$600 plus whatever delivery might be...depends on how far the oversize package has to go.

tempImageE8pyKK.png

tempImagePKNcL8.png

tempImagenssUUb.png

tempImageMRxqeE.png

tempImageAs2Zgz.png

tempImageGg8OZI.png

tempImagewFseFE.png

tempImagebTGIhn.png

tempImagelK16CK.png

tempImage7Il68b.png

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good lookin' critter. The hinge mount points don't appear to be "floating" for side-to-side adjustments. How , or where is the hood prop attached?

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Good lookin' critter. The hinge mount points don't appear to be "floating" for side-to-side adjustments. How , or where is the hood prop attached?
You are correct, no side to side. The option would be for me to not tap, you to mark and then tap. Hood prop rod needs a bracket, I thought of making the side rail thicker to allow just drilling the side. Might do that on mine as a sample.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I had a car with a repro LAT hood in the shop several years ago. I have no idea who made it, it also had no bracket for the prop rod. I simply copied the one off a steel hood in 16Ga steel and used panel bonding adhesive to attach it.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A note to all STOA members and CAT members in the SF Bay Area. I'll be coming to the Monterey Historic races and will bring a pair of new, fresh hoods to show. Let me know if anybody else is going...I know the STOA guys usually camp over the weekend so I'll be looking for them.

BF66Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Danno, I am definitely interested in one of your LAT hoods. Are there going to be any at the United show in Bowling Green, KY next week? I have a friend who is going who could pick it up.
Otherwise, I need a quote on shipping to Savannah, GA 31411
Thanks, Bill Flammer
cwflammer@comcast.net
cell 912-547-6097

Jbetz812

Silver forum user
CAT Member
A note to all STOA members and CAT members in the SF Bay Area. I'll be coming to the Monterey Historic races and will bring a pair of new, fresh hoods to show. Let me know if anybody else is going...I know the STOA guys usually camp over the weekend so I'll be looking for them.
Hello, how were your LAT hoods received? Being in the Midwest there is not much out here, Joe

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello, how were your LAT hoods received? Being in the Midwest there is not much out here, Joe
Hoods were liked by those who saw them. For information purposes…I have looked into shipping costs. They run from around $700 to $2000 depending on how quickly you might want one.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hood update 2, customer picked his today, came from AZ on business and added a stop here. Still in stock.

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Finally, car out of body shop, Dale’s suspension installed and my LAT replica hood in place.

IMG_3974.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Everything looks good. What are your early impressions of the new front end?
So far all is good. The car ran nice and cool..60 degrees outside temp. The front is so much tighter now, no rattles and steers quick. Ortega Hwy for my return to Riverside.