Rootes Archive Centre Announces Workshop Manuals

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Recently, the Rootes Archive Centre announced that they have partnered with Brooklands Books Ltd. to reprint two Rootes workshop manuals. One is the Sunbeam Rapier Series III to IV and Alpine Series I to IV Workshop Manual. It is Publication Number 6601102. The other is titled Sunbeam Tiger 260 and 289 V8 Workshop Manual, Publication Number 6601206. (Note that I believe the title of the original workshop manual was The Sunbeam '260' and '289' Workshop Manual.) I bought copies of these newest reprints from Amazon, but they may be available from other sources.

The quality of these books are great. I have been using a C.A.T. reprint from the 1970s. While the old C.A.T. reprint does show everything, not all the photos and graphics are as clear as this latest reprint and the C.A.T. version has smudges (from the printing or copying process, I assume). However, in these manuals, the pages are bound and not 3-hole punched for a 3-ring binder.

Here are a few photos - one of the covers of both books and some of the pages from the Tiger workshop.

IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
IMG_0407.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg

And, no, I am not getting any commission. :D