S.U. Fuel Pump Hose Barbs

66Tiger1A

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone know what size and type hose barbs will fit a stock S.U. fuel pump? The ones that I've found do not seem to seal properly. Will this fuel pump supply a 600 cfm 4 barrel or should I invest in a Holley 97 GPH RED Electric Fuel Pump?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SU Fit Me

sunbeam spec sells them

Caution: I have talked to Rick at S.S. about his SU fuel line fittings. They are correct, BUT, the machine work is not finished! Must drill a 1/4" completely thru the fitting and then step-drill a 5/16" recess 1/4" deep to receive the fuel line and Farrel. The compression nuts are Brit Straight Pipe.
Better to grab Bryan's originals.

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Holley FP

I had a Holley red fuel pump and hated it. The noise was terrible and constant. Finally went to the stock SU from Rick and am much happier.

Gary

Warren

Gold forum user
Barb who?

Barb fittings are you looking to do something smart like put a fuel filter in front of the fuel pump?
I cheated by putting a small screen inside of the fitting. You know one of those head shop ones that they put in their pipes a nice stainless steel or brass screen trimmed down and shoved inside after the ferrule.
Plus one on buy some from Bryan and the deafening grind of a Holley fuel pump. Thank goodness for my boombox. I love the little tick tick tick tick of the stock fuel pump worth every penny for the stock car. Plus it actually shuts off .

66Tiger1A

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Fuel filter for S.U. fuel pump

Can anyone recommend a fuel filter, preferably clear, for this fuel pump? The pump is in the stock location so, as you know, there isn't a lot of room. Thank you everyone for your help.

Bryan

Gold forum user
CAT Member
here are the fittings

Attachments

• IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 94

Warren

Gold forum user
Would not recommend

One of those clear plastic ones that have a cylindrical tube held in place by two screwed in end caps with rubber gaskets. The rubber gaskets can fail at any time. Lots of guys don't like the plastic ones in the engine compartment for the same reason except they'll split and spew.