Sad News

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've just learned some sad news. Gordon Jarvis passed away today. Gordon was the Chairman of the Rootes Archive Centre Trust and had worked energetically on behalf of our marque. He led last month's Grand Opening ceremony in Wroxford. He will be missed.

Buck

Attachments

• IMG_5317.JPG
    IMG_5317.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_5255.JPG
    IMG_5255.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 187

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes, Sad News,

While I have never met Gordon Jarvis, all of us with an interest in Tigers and other Rootes vehicles owe him a huge debt of gratitude for his many hours and tremendous efforts to bring the Archives to fruition. My condolences to his family for their loss.

Doug C

Gold forum user
I've just learned some sad news. Gordon Jarvis passed away today. Gordon was the Chairman of the Rootes Archive Centre Trust and had worked energetically on behalf of our marque. He led last month's Grand Opening ceremony in Wroxford. He will be missed.

Buck

Buck, thanks for letting us know. Maybe CATS can (and I think we should) send a condolence bouquet (or something appropriate) for the services OR even a donation to the Rootes Archive in Gordon’s name?

Rootestang

CAT Member
Gordon, along with Matt Ollman, gave me and Julie and our daughter a private tour of the Archives last month, when we visited there. He was gracious and kind to us. Condolences to his family and the U.K. Rootes community.
Bill