Save me in Massachuttes

Warren

Gold forum user
https://www.copart.com/lot/42812529/

fd53a1c5-9a09-4769-a93f-df070bfb7489.JPG

Warren

Gold forum user
Salvage sale

Brian W. first sent this listing source to me and this one. Brian is a bad influence ;)

One different car he sent was a Tiger and a well known one but not know to us at the time and we bid on it. That car was total loss by the insurance company. The adjuster or company used the photos taken while still in the owners driveway as he seeking a buy back at their salvage value. The trouble was they had no bench mark but the "retail value," agreed value or stated value. So when bidding was opened it was a fishing expedition to determine the price which the insured could buy his car back. At an event I was approached and asked what we had bid on the car as that owner was upset at his car being the bait for bids and a higher price to be bought back at. There was a equally exciting car in the U.K. that got driven into the ocean. That car looked was on STOC for sale pages before the accident and per U.K. laws had to be broken by the salvage buyer.

I suspect that is what you see here in retail value. We may know what happens when the sale is over. This one has a lot of nice parts and I'm sure there's a wing around.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
A bit of research

It's an Oregon broker for the "stated value" insurance company. The car is down the street a few miles from a trusted Tiger buddy in Mass. He used some connections to determine it is, in fact, a fishing draw to glean bids for values. Some poor fella may get roped into their strategies of deposits, registrations and lots of personal info requirements. Just sayin'
But, it would be a fine project starter car.