Shelby Car Show/Fund Raiser

Steven43

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This past Saturday, there was another Shelby tribute car show at the Carroll Shelby facility in Gardena. The various fundraisers were for the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation, and ex-Shelby employees. But first a little backstory, for those of you who have never been to the Gardena facility. According to Shelby legend, when Carroll was finishing up with Ford at the LAX location, and had moved on to fielding Toyotas (he also tried to enter the Indy 500 as a team owner) he bought some property in Gardena. I have read it was an empty lot with a shed on it. This soon became his headquarters for his future endeavors. (Carroll Shelby wheels, and a Goodyear Tire distributorship). So if you've never been to the former headquarters of Shelby American in Gardena (the new headquarters are in Las Vegas), it's well worth the trip. I first went there in 2006 for a car show, but my mechanic Dan W. remembers going there, buying tires and seeing Carroll roaming around. Today the facility has changed--no more tires or wheels. The back third is actually the headquarters of the Old Venice Crew and their new/old GT350 operation. The facility now has a bar/winetasting room, of all things. At Saturday's show most of the cars were just late-model Shelby's and the silent auction prices were out of my league. Thanks to our friend from Riverside for bringing a Tiger and representing.

Steven Alcala

DSCN8212.JPG

DSCN8194.JPG

DSCN8188.JPG

DSCN8192.JPG

DSCN8174.JPG

DSCN8176.JPG

DSCN8177.JPG

DSCN8186.JPG

KenF

Gold forum user
Kind of makes me regret selling my Shelby 6 years, 8 months, 2 days ago. Not that I'm counting. :sneaky: Fun crowd of people to hang out with.

20150816_110015.jpg

Danno66

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the photos, Steve. It was a very good day to be a Sunbeam Tiger driver. Lots of interest in the car, many stories told.