Shock #'s ?

stevenl

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I need the part numbers if anyone should have them, for rear and front Kyb's and/ or Bilstein shocks. Thanks for any and all help 🤔🐯

tigresunbeam

Forum Member
Just installed those shock , bought at Rock Auto !!!
rear shock.JPG

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Brian, I have had both, and although very good, the KYB's are not as good as Konis.

Kirk

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi Kirk, thanks for answering, good to know about your comparison. Would this be because the Koni’s are adjustable and the KYB’s are not?
I have heard that rebuilding Koni’s are close to buying new. I have an old set (new in the mid 70’s, not ton’s of miles but have been on the car for that long) but still seems to be ok. I’m just wondering when that time comes what to do.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The adjustability of the Konis is nice- especially the newer ones- just a twist of the nob on top. I ended up 2 turns stiffer on one end and 1 turn stiffer on the other; can't remember which was front and back at the moment. That is with a fairly stock suspension, with only traction masters added. The Konis give me flatter cornering as well as better rebound control over bumps. Also, at full extension, the Konis were about an inch shorter than the KYB's in the front, which effectively lowered my ride height by an inch. Win-win!

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thank you Kirk for having the time, your input, and being able to answer my question. Good things to know!
Brian

tigresunbeam

Forum Member
Hi Gilles, after installing the KYB shocks, how do you like them?
Brian
So far so good , for my car use , there OK , 5,000 Km this summer , no highway , I reach 100,000 Km this summer , since resto in 1993 . KYB are good enough for summer sunny driving !!!! .

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I just bought KYB Gas-Adjust for a stockish street car. For a more performance application it is Koni, Bilstien, Spax or GAZ.
There are a couple of KYB grades and the Gas-Adjust numbers are KYB KG 4509 and KG5562

Too Tech

Bronze forum user
It sounds like the adjustable KONI shocks received a very good review.
What were the part numbers of the KONI Front and Rear Shocks?