Shopping ?

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have all Jaeger guages as well as a Jaeger clock in mine...I like matching gauges! The Jaeger amp meter comes in 35 or 50, mine happens to be a 50 (won't have to switch if I ever put an alternator on). I'll post a couple of pics I took tonight. Norm, if you're reading, close your eyes;)

mmzkll.jpg

2qdbozp.jpg

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I enjoy reading every thread and viewing every pic that gets posted but if the image dimensions are to big and especially when they load from tinypic.com:mad: the images, in most cases, don't ever completely load.

What I see here is in image 1 a tarp over something:confused: and image 2 is a bit of a steering wheel and the very top edge of a dashboard.:(

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys but I enjoy reading every thread and viewing every pic that gets posted but if the image dimensions are to big and especially when they load from tinypic.com:mad: the images, in most cases, don't ever completely load.

What I see here is in image 1 a tarp over something:confused: and image 2 is a bit of a steering wheel and the very top edge of a dashboard.:(

Hit "refresh" on your computer when it appears to have stopped loading the pics. It should add the missing pixels a bit more each time with a bit of patience. Your cookies firewall must be aggressive.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member

I'm copying the code from Tiny Pic 'for message boards and forums' or something to that effect. I'm always surprised how big the pics end up!

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hmmm, I see everything on here ?? I like the old school radio.

Thanks. The radio was in the car when I bought it in the late 80's. The face plate was silver (gray?)- it didn't blend in well at all. After I blacked out the face plate it didn't take the focus away from the dash, gauges and steering wheel, so I left it in, even though I always listen to 'engine music' when I drive the Tiger:)

steven

Gold forum user
Getting back on topic, I searched the subject and there was an article posted mainly refering to early MG's. He stated that in the 50-60"s the gauges fitted in the cars were not always a matched set. The Smiths factory and Lucas were getting supplies from various contractors and were having trouble with financies. This chap mentioned how his company bought what they could off Lucas and Smiths before thay closed down. The supply of faces for the gauges became very eratic as the printing machinery was lost or sold off. It was therefore what was available that was fitted in the cars. If the manifacturer had a good supply in their parts bin, ok. If not the extra gauges were supplied by whatever could be obtained at that time. The end result is no Jaeger ampmeters were supplied to Rootes. Any car that has them has a altered gauge. :)

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
After fussing for over half an hour finally got the images to load one at a time.

Nice dash material. Almost looks like burled Walnut. All instrument bezels appear to be black but must be chrome? Nice manly wheel. Image reminds me I need to label my dash.

Re: My previous post with pic of amp gage is the odd man out. All other gages are orange needle up and bigger text. Never noticed the needle direction before. I also just noticed that a PO roughly cut out a Jaeger clock face and inserted into a newer one knob clock.

I'm copying the code from Tiny Pic 'for message boards and forums' or something to that effect.

If you are pasting the code into your message maybe rather try using the thumbnail function (the paper clip) in the reply editor to add an image. I'm having the same problem with seeing the GT40P Heads post. But don't worry about it seems to be affecting only me and I can figure out a work-around.

I'm always surprised how big the pics end up!
The big pic size is probably the default size your camera takes. I'm sure TinyPic isn't making them larger but big is sometimes better.

The Tiny Pic seems to be a slow connection problem somewhere along the line. Refresh doesn't help and really isn't necessary. The pics continually reload to a random point and start over on their on. I've walked away from the computer and come back nearly an hour latter to find the images still attempting to re-load.