SOLD 1966 Tiger Mk1A For Sale - Tucson, Arizona

Tiger66

New forum user
CAT Member
SOLD 1966 Tiger MK 1A For Sale $39,000 SOLD

Authenticated, TAC certificate goes with the car. The ID/ vin plate with original rivets has never been removed.

Ford 289, 2:88 differential, 5 speed (.73 5th gear), air conditioning, cruise control, factory hard top, soft top, JVC stereo, ignition kill remote security system + hidden fuel pump cut off switch. Holley “Red” fuel pump. 14” Panasport wheels, 6” wide in front, 7” in back. Spax 10 way adjustable shocks all around. Factory sun visors. Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers (go to www.flowmastermufflers.com to hear what they sound like), CAT headers, 2 ½” exhaust in very good condition. Talbot style side mirrors. British Racing Green car, black hard top. Fitted car cover and some spares included with the sale. Your choice of MKII headlamp covers (on the car now) or the original hooded covers.

Black interior. Seats and panels in excellent condition. Floor carpets good, not great. Back deck carpet and soft top boot perfect. Dash pad perfect (replaced in 2009). Stock wood steering wheel in excellent condition. New stock repro horn ring. Steering wheel adjuster works. I replaced the wood dash (with glove box door) and it is in perfect, dark burl condition. All gauges (and lighting) match and work, including clock which keeps perfect time (with quartz, electronic conversion). I cleaned all gauges and repainted the needles in 2009 so they look beautiful. Replaced failed ammeter with volt meter, matches other Jaeger gauges, works better. All gauges including speedo, tach, water temp, oil pressure and fuel have been calibrated and are accurate. Oil pressure 55 lbs at speed even in hot weather. ALL switches and functions work, including heater, wipers, panel switches, dash glove box light, cigarette lighter (good for charging cell phones, etc. too). Replaced broken stock windshield washer “plunger” with exactly matching power switch (you wouldn’t know the difference unless you knew) and installed small wiper fluid electric motor in front of Rootes water bottle under the hood. Works immediately every time. Cruise control switch installed in ash tray which looks stock when the cover is closed. All locks and keys work.

Rust free, originally a California car. Brought to Arizona when I moved here south of Tucson five years ago. The hard top, which I bought separately a few years ago, has some "mild" rust bubbling under the passenger side "flipper" window that has come up recently. Added thick heat insulation to roof (to help with A/C efficiency), new headliner, new side windows (rear window in very good condition), replaced all weather strip, seals and rubber. All correct hardware and chrome, including rear window surround and “clip”. Nothing is missing. Re-chromed where needed, except the hard top front clamps which do have some pitting. I had the hard top side (“flipper”) windows, and rear window tinted with 60% tint. Door roll up windows and “wind wings” were tinted at 40%. Looks beautiful + really helps with A/C and keeping interior cool. Top is high gloss black (original color from the factory).

Soft top in very good condition. One very small pinhole in soft top on passenger side, just behind the “flap” on that side.
Paint very good but is not perfect. A few imperfections but not noticeable unless you really look for them.

Rear wheel arches modified inside (you can't see the modification unless you know where to look) for the wider 14” wheels and tires. Arches appear completely stock looking at the car.

MSD 8352 electronic distributor. 8.5 mm MSD wires, 50,000 volt coil, Bosch Platinum plugs. Edlebrock Air Gap RPM intake maniforld. Holley 570 CFM Street Avenger carb (vacuum secondaries). Original Rootes engine “dress up kit” with chrome stock air cleaner (with new K&N filter) + chrome oil filler cap and dip stick and original option Tiger Powered By Ford valve covers. Deraile 6 blade fan + original shroud. Gano radiator filter which I clean twice a year. It really works. Fluidyne aluminum radiator. 150 watt alternator.

SOLD

Starts instantly (in very hot weather after it's been sitting you may have to work with the gas pedal a bit), never overheats, runs cool, even with the A/C on in very hot weather (110+ degrees in the summer here in Arizona). The A/C does not noticeably increase water temp. My wife has a complaint about the Tiger’s A/C in the summer: She often says it gets too cold in the passenger compartment. A nice “problem” to have with a Tiger. Water temp ranges from 175-180 in cool weather to about 195 at speed in very hot weather. In hot weather in stop and go freeway traffic temp can get to 210-215 but immediately cools down when you start moving again. It never loses coolant. Horn holes blocked off + an extra overflow tank in front of the stock header tank under the hood. I do have an auxiliary electric fan in front of the radiator but not really needed. Runs well on regular 87 octane fuel with no pinging. Probably about 9:1 compression if I remember correctly.

Stock 7” Girling brake booster + smaller early Alpine brake master cyl = excellent braking with carbon fiber brake pads and shoes. Rotors, brakes, etc. in very good condition. Bypassed the stock brake light switch and installed electric switch over brake pedal. It never fails like the stock switches often do.

SOLD

Air conditioning uses R12. Dual fans on top of 12 x 24” condenser tilted below front bumper with air scoop. Evaporator from a mid 80’s BMW I modified. Controls, switches from Vintage Air. Top of front valence slightly modified to allow more airflow through condenser.

In 5th gear, RPMS at 75 mph are about 2200. Easily climbs grades in 5th at speed without needing to shift down. Shifting down to 4th, or 3rd at speed gets you instant torque and power in the mid range and above.

The car can be driven anywhere immediately. You can fly in and drive it home anywhere in Sunbeam comfort and confidence.

SOLD

Last edited by a moderator: