Springtime in MN

D

dgraway

The snow has finally melted here in the Great White North (also known as Minnesota) and new things are showing up everywhere including the Red 1965 tiger that I recently purchased.

I started my search about a year ago and took the advice of "buy the car with the least rust you can find and still afford". The tiger spent most of its life in California with a short stay in Wisconsin before I purchased it.

I plan on making the car drivable and mechanically sound. The car currently has a Ford C4 automatic transmission which was installed by a previous owner. I have the original 4-speed manual and related parts which will be reinstalled at some time.

After purchasing the car I found a photo and an article from a previous owner in the 2002 July/August CAT TigerTales and on the TigerUnited website (http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/seghi_r/default.asp). The appearance of the car has not changed much in over 10 years.

Also, at some point in time I do plan on getting the tiger TAC inspected when there is an event in my area.

I will post more photos as soon as I can.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Congrats...you'll love it. It was 94 here yesterday, almost too hot for the Tiger, ugh.....

D

dgraway

We are supposed to get a 1 day of 90 degrees here in MN tomorrow, hopefully we don't go right back to winter again. :)

tundratiger67

Bronze forum user
Welcome to the forum and to Tiger ownership. I always celebrate when more Tigers move into the area. If it gets too warm for you or the Tiger in Apple Valley, you are always welcome to seek a "cool" refuge in Duluth. I've owned and restored my Tiger since 1994 and relocated from the Twin Cities to Duluth in 2006.

I have only a small fraction of the experience and knowledge represented by others here on this forum but I'll try to be as helpful as I can if you have any questions or problems. Hope to see you at some of the car gatherings this summer (Wheels & Wings in September is a fun one).

I, too, dream one day of having my Tiger TAC'd. I came close with the SUNI in Rapid City in 2009 but work commitments prevented me from driving it down. Don't know if I'll be able to take it to the next SUNI scheduled for Colorado next year.

Randy Z.
Duluth, MN
1967 Tiger MkIa

D

dgraway

MN Tigers

Hi Randy,

It's great to hear there are Tiger owners in MN. I have read all of the postings to this forum and only come across a few owners located in MN so will for sure look you up next time I am in Duluth. Thanks for the offer of assistance and will send questions your way as needed. If you need someone to look at something (eyes on the ground) here in the TC let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

slypops

Gold forum user
Awesome Article

Dan, how neat is that to see so much of the history of your Tiger in one article. I ordered the Cali DOT report on 982 but realized how little a computer sheet of paper tells us. I did make contact with a little socialite girl who had 982 for many yrs mostly driving back and forth to the tennis courts, but nothing like your article. Congrats on a sweet Tiger!!

cleandan

Silver forum user
Hello Dan in Apple Valley, MN.
I am also a Dan but reside in Cottage Grove, MN
I am also a Tiger owner and have been for quite some time.
There are other Tigers in the Twin Cities area. One of which I am friends with who still owns his original 1966 Mk1A.
There is a brown Tiger wearing a single roll bar to watch out for...it is pretty quick and the guy knows how to drive it.
Bring the Tiger to the Apple Valley Ford car show on Sunday June 2nd and you will be in the middle of a group of people who know what the car is.
If you need any help, advice, or just a friendly wrench give me a holler.
Welcome to the fun world of Tiger ownership.

D

dgraway

MN Tigers & Apple Valley Ford car show

Thanks for the info about MN tigers and owners and the car show at Apple Valley ford. I was planning on going to the show but with work and life in general I might not have the tiger running by then. I have a friend who has a 57 ford retractable hardtop who I am trying to get to bring his car and I would come with him.

Hope to see you all then and thanks for the offer on help with my tiger. It will be great to see some tigers close up to compare to mine.

Dan #2 :)

D

Deleted member 5373

You'll love it. It was 94 here yesterday, almost too hot for the Tiger, ugh.....

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was in Austin Mn a couple weeks ago--wish I would have looked you guys up. Heading back again next summer, gotta take the wife to the Spamfest. :)

chirodoc

Gold forum user
MINNESOTA TIGERS

Hello Dan in Apple Valley, MN.
I am also a Dan but reside in Cottage Grove, MN
I am also a Tiger owner and have been for quite some time.
There are other Tigers in the Twin Cities area. One of which I am friends with who still owns his original 1966 Mk1A.
There is a brown Tiger wearing a single roll bar to watch out for...it is pretty quick and the guy knows how to drive it.
Bring the Tiger to the Apple Valley Ford car show on Sunday June 2nd and you will be in the middle of a group of people who know what the car is.
If you need any help, advice, or just a friendly wrench give me a holler.
Welcome to the fun world of Tiger ownership.

ANYONE KNOW THE NEW OWNER OF MY OLD (1975) TIGER. BILL LENZ TOOK IT TO MINNEAPOLIS WHEN HE WENT TO WORK FOR NORTHWEST AIRLINES. HE RECENTLY SOLD IT WHEN HE RETIRED TO THE FARM. IT'S A 65 MK 1 RED IN COLOR NOW. CAN'T REMEMBER THE VIN, BUT NORM HAS IT IN THE REGISTRY.