Start of another Tiger rescue.......

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Underpowered Tigers

Having built, driven, modified, etc. lots of motors in many different cars over the last 5 decades, I think I can safely say that HP is only one of many factors to consider. The driver will learn quite quickly if his bright ideas & natural ability can cope with the laws of basic mechanical physics.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
I don't think TIGERS like water that much :)

Really????

6a00e554389f16883401053596a085970b_zpsd4efea06.jpg

Two Dogs

Bronze forum user
Don't know who's car this is but it represents the look we plan to work toward when building the car back up

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Don't know who's car this is but it represents the look we plan to work toward when building the car back up

That car had a tubbed rear and tube frame in the front.. was very heavily modified and was apparently a real tiger not an alpine conversion... there are videos on youtube of it.. was more a drag car than a streetable one.

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user

That was Mike C from Baton Rouge has since sold the car.
It started out as a Alpine and was a full chassis car.
I met him at his shop in Baton Rouge, nice job.
Then a couple years ago he was at the Shelby event in Tulsa we had a little street race and was surprised it was not as fast as I thought it should have been, then I thought maybe he wasn't really on it.
The next day at the track I was even less impressed for a car with a four link and the big tires it just didn't run that well for a 427 and NOS if i remember right he just barley broke into the 11's I have to say it was a 100 degrees out but I still managed to to break into the 9's @140 something and I was on ET streets.
He seemed a little depressed about it because that car only weighed like 2300 lbs and mine 3050 with my fat arse in it and a lot smaller tire.
But it was a pretty car

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
That car had a tubbed rear and tube frame in the front.. was very heavily modified and was apparently a real tiger not an alpine conversion... there are videos on youtube of it.. was more a drag car than a streetable one.

As far as I know it was a Alpine conversion because when they sold at the auction in FL they listed it as a alpine.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Jerry,

i'm glad it wasn't a Tiger. i remember the car on ebay a few times and it had a tube frame up front and there were claims of it being a "real" Tiger.. which if you are going to cut something up that much would have been sad.

Your car is a credit to whats possible which looking/retaining mostly stock"ish"

Out of interest... at which point did you switch out of the stock rear?

Twin Turbo Tiger

Gold forum user
About 1980 something but a while back. It was another one of these buddy deals because I thought I had to put a ford 9'' in it when my buddy said he had a used Chrysler housing for a 83/4 and a posi 373 gear for free so i sent it to Moser and they narrowed it down and put c-clip eliminater on it and then cut and resplined the axles and I've never broke a rear gear and it is the 489 case.
Now days I run a spool and a 3:23 gear and Moser axles and it works great.