Steel Fender flares

Tigerbill

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Hi All,
I've been searching for steel flares to adapt to my 'Beam. Anyone know of a source?
Thanks Guys

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Let me know if you find any--I had talked about this to my fab guy--just need a car to do it to..haha

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
No sunbeam specific ones we know oif.. a guy in Au used osme toyota ones revenmtly.. not my favourite look.. depends if you want LAt style.. monster tiger style or LM Tiger style.. or .. my fav.. HSC55 style.. gentle massage of the existing metal

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
My car has all steel flares... the rears are pretty subtle but still fit 8" rims and 245/50 14's in there... The fronts are more like flared quarters and I'm told the car really looks like it 'means business' in your rear view mirror ! lol
I shudder to think how many hours a P.O. put into having them made back in about '82...

I found a link to a really interesting article on a custom set for a '68 Cougar... If you're in the Sonoma area, this might be the guy to call ;)

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/1107phr_project_max_effort_custom_fender_flares/

Jim
B382ooo446

gbs2320

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
My Red Flared Tiger I just Got

Attached are pics of the Tiger I bought last month on Ebay. I got here about a week ago and the pics do not do it justice. I thought I might not like the flares but in person they flow really well. The prior owner did all the body work and it is great with very little bondo. Cheers Greg

the_tool_man

Gold forum user
Attached are pics of the Tiger I bought last month on Ebay. I got here about a week ago and the pics do not do it justice. I thought I might not like the flares but in person they flow really well. The prior owner did all the body work and it is great with very little bondo. Cheers Greg

Looks like the PO did a five-lug conversion, too? I can't say I'm a fan of the mixed styles of flares on that car. But to each his own, I suppose.

1fineAlpine

Silver forum user
My car has all steel flares... the rears are pretty subtle but still fit 8" rims and 245/50 14's in there... The fronts are more like flared quarters and I'm told the car really looks like it 'means business' in your rear view mirror ! lol Jim
B382ooo446

Of course it means business, it's a Tiger! ;). It looks great too.