Steering Column Plastic Parts?

Ford_Crazy

Bronze forum user
I've been going through my parts and it seems that my plastic covers for the steering column are in pieces. Where can I buy these parts?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I've been going through my parts and it seems that my plastic covers for the steering column are in pieces. Where can I buy these parts?

If you are reffering to the 2 part cowl they are not reproduced, however they are reasonably easy to come by second hand. I know quite a few people in the states that would have good quality second hand ones, im sure you will get some responses from the board, if not PM me and i'll send you some email addresses of potential sources. I can think of 1 person who has advertised a NOS cover set on ebay a couple of times, but depends if you really want a NOS part.

Cal44

Gold forum user
I got nothin' on the plastic bits. But, I did enjoy seeing the pix of the workings on the Tiger. Since I don't have life...........keep em' comin'.

Mike

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Re-hab plus

Glad to see you're having fun. Hard work has rewards I'm told. Noticed the pattern in the drive side floor does not look original? Replacement at some point? We keep lots-O-parts here just in case you run shy. Keep em' runnin', randy

Ford_Crazy

Bronze forum user
Parts of the floor have been replaced in the past. I'm stipping off all the paint to see what's under it. Looks like a lot of welded in metal patches, but nothing that is a problem. The metal work is not up to my usual standards, but the repairs are solid and effective. Some people just don't take their time to do things right, especially when it's hidden. As long as the repairs are strong and the car is not held together with a bunch of bondo, I'm OK with it. By the way, I found was able to buy the plastic steering column parts from a member of this forum, Thanks!