stock or custom?

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I drive with my hardtop on probably 95% of the time...I always forget to ask about this until the next time I have the top off- which was today!

Is this cover over the soft top boot stock or is it custom made? You would think it would occur to me to look at someone else's when I'm at a Tiger gathering, but this goes along with 'out of sight, out of mind'. Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of mine:

2w68hl4.jpg
[/IMG]

5md7q.jpg
[/IMG]

chirodoc

Gold forum user
STOCK OR CUSTOM

Definately a custom cover, and by the way a nice custom interior. The factory toneau cover, which covers the seats and dash can't be used with a roll bar without modifications. A factory MK1A interior has the pebble grain material. The hold down snaps on the toneau cover and the top well cover are exposed with the covers on.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the response! In a small bit or irony, the guy who had this car before me (and did the custom work) was a chiropractor!

slypops

Gold forum user
Nicest roll bar I've ever seen in a Tiger. Do you know where it was purchased? One Cool Tiger!!

Warren

Gold forum user
Yeah but

Just got my Autopower bar in and the bar is right in the middle of the rear view mirror. It looks great but a FMVSS Federal motor vehicle safety standard mad it so you could no longer have chrome windshield wipers, wonder how it looks in the sun and rear view.

My VW Conv has a swivel rotating mirror which twists up so you can see over the top when it is down, and a lower position for view when top up thru little window. Maybe a similar mirror is in the wings..

Love to have a vintage Wink mirror, the golf cart ones look cheesy

Yes very nice simple , see the yellow ebay race Tiger that is a perfect example of the motorcyclist term "Cage Rider"? or is it cager?

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
No lookin' back

One of the first things I put on was a 4 panel Wink. Fits perfect and mounts just outboard of top clamps. Only thing to impede the view is my big head.

I have also changed out the side view mirror to a Euro sport style but is cheap plastic, has little adjustment and sticks up at an odd angle. Pluses are, it has about twice the viewing area and I don't have to lean my head over to the left to take a peek.

Anyone have a link to a selection of good solid replacement / custom side mirrors?

TIA

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I know this has gotten off topic but I have a now related question of the original poster hottigr.

I recalled recently seeing a side view mirror I was curious about and going thru recent posts find it is yours hottigr.

If you don't mind sharing what is this mirror? from?

Attachments: red= hottigr gray= mine

TIA

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nicest roll bar I've ever seen in a Tiger. Do you know where it was purchased? One Cool Tiger!!

Thanks, Pop! The roll bar was in the car when I bought it- haven't seen anything on it to identify it:confused:

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I know this has gotten off topic but I have a now related question of the original poster hottigr.

I recalled recently seeing a side view mirror I was curious about and going thru recent posts find it is yours hottigr.

If you don't mind sharing what is this mirror? from?

Attachments: red= hottigr gray= mine

TIA

Justin, I'm away from the Tiger for a few days...I do remember it's Italian. If there is more info I'll post it when I get back home and can have a look.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The name of the mirror appears to be ARCA ? The name is small and molded into the mirror (black on black)...made in Italy.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Thank you for looking. Maybe an Automobile Racing item made in Italy?

BTW, nice wood steering wheel, good grip size. Clean top cover also.