Sunbeam Radio Conversion

KeithE

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have an original Sunbeam radio which has been restored and converted to AM/FM Bluetooth.
This radio uses the Aurora Design latest edition FMR conversion.
The radio unit produces 40W and is set up for 4 speakers.
The units can be customized for more speakers and a variety of accessories if you check out the aurora web site.

Comes with full instructions to connect and set up to your phone. It is pretty easy to set up and work the changes to AM, FM and Bluetooth.
When in bluetooth mode, a blue LED is illuminated, it is located just behind the 5 on the tuner.

Their info on the FMR conversion can be found in the website below:
https://www.tech-retro.com/aurora-design/home.html

In addition, the unit has been cleaned and one of the shafts replaced so the knobs turn perfectly and are not wobbly or bent.

This radio also adds a USB port to charge your phone and a microphone port to connect a wired microphone that is included in with this conversion. The microphone does not need to be connected if you prefer to drive your Tiger (or Alpine or IMP or Husky....) without being pestered with a phone call.

The dial tunes the stations just as it would have back in the day. The preset buttons can be set for your favorite stations. The restoration work included a complete cleaning of the interior components and restoration of the internal mechanisms that "move the needle" .

The cost to convert and restore this Sunbeam radio was $1200.00. The work was performed by Antique Car Radio in upstate New York. Chet has restored and updated several radios for me and found his attention to detail to be superior to others in this field and recommend him if you have a radio that you want updated.

I will sell it for what I have into it, $1500.00, plus shipping (estimate $50-$70 via UPS from Texas)

20230619_145701.jpg

20230619_145714.jpg

20230619_145843.jpg

20230619_145803.jpg

20230619_145754.jpg

20230619_145737.jpg

20230619_145719.jpg

Last edited: