Sunbeam Specialties Fabric Soft Top

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Has anyone installed the Cloth Fabric convertible top from Sunbeam Specialties? I like the look of those better than the vinyl ones. I am not as concerned with originality.

Do you like the quality of the material? Do they fit well.

Thanks,

Marty

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Has anyone installed the Cloth Fabric convertible top from Sunbeam Specialties? I like the look of those better than the vinyl ones. I am not as concerned with originality.

Thanks,

Marty
I believe they are the Robbins tops. Good quality, just careful on the install to not get creases around the rear corners where it turns to the rear window.

The thicker material makes it a bit harder to Stowe... Don't force the frame down or you will bend the B post pivot arms

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member

Thanks,

Marty
I like it and have installed several.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user

Thanks,

Marty
There are three tops... one is the crush grain top which is a piece of crap. basiaclly a 3 year top, at best. The second top is an everflex top which is as close to OE as you can get.. and a really nice top. the last top is the "Hartz" top which is a cloth top. I've had the "Hartz" type top own car for 20 plus years... They are the longest lasting tops available, but require extra effort to keep them looking nice.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
There are three tops... one is the crush grain top which is a piece of crap. basiaclly a 3 year top, at best. The second top is an everflex top which is as close to OE as you can get.. and a really nice top. the last top is the "Hartz" top which is a cloth top. I've had the "Hartz" type top own car for 20 plus years... They are the longest lasting tops available, but require extra effort to keep them looking nice.
So, what do you do to keep yours looking nice?

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
A few months back we had a discussion of the proper webbed straps to use on the top frame. At the time I wrote down the Moss Motors part number that you mentioned, and put it in a safe place. It must be really safe, because I can't find it now, LOL! Do you happen to have that part number handy?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
A few months back we had a discussion of the proper webbed straps to use on the top frame. At the time I wrote down the Moss Motors part number that you mentioned, and put it in a safe place. It must be really safe, because I can't find it now, LOL! Do you happen to have that part number handy?
641.008 $15 retail

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Thanks, I really appreciate it! It has a different part number now, and is no longer available. It looks like black and tan are still available though. Black will work for me.

Last edited:

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Thanks, I really appreciate it! It has a different part number now, and is no longer available. It looks like black and tan are still available though. Black will work for me.
that's odd, but I never use their web site... I've been a Moss distributor for nearly 35 years. described in the catalog as "webbing set, grey"