Tail Lift

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I like the nose, front end, down look on mine. Today, just out of curiosity I wondered how much slope there was from front to rear. I took a scientific approach and used a steel measuring tape. I measured from both ends of the side trim piece to the garage slab. I got 27" at the front and 28-1/2" at the rear. From what I can tell mine is a stock set-up. Does anyone else get around an inch and a half slope?

Justin

I think you're going to find as many different answers as there are cars, depending on rim size, tire size, location of side trim, spring height, etc. I have 27" in the rear and 25 1/2" in the front, but my car appears level due to 205/60-13's in the rear and 185/60-13's in the front with my current springs.

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
I think you're going to find as many different answers as there are cars, depending on rim size, tire size, location of side trim, spring height, etc. I have 27" in the rear and 25 1/2" in the front, but my car appears level due to 205/60-13's in the rear and 185/60-13's in the front with my current springs.

True I didn't consider tires or springs or someone with 13s in the front and 16s in the rear. Just curious as to the overall slope. I was assuming that the side trim was located in roughly the same location vertically but knowing Rootes maybe not.

We've both got an inch and a half of slope but you're really down there if we have the same trim height. Any speed bump clearance problems? I had some when I bought mine but it was due to the PO running the exhaust pipes under rather than thru the frame.

Justin

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm pretty sure I have all of the 4 1/2 inches or so of ground clearance I'm supposed to have...I can't find a pic of my car on level ground at the moment- the driveway has a downward slope so it looks like it sits down in the front. It's a little deceiving to the eye because of the large gap between the front tire and the upper lip of the fenderwell, but the car sits level.

1111lrd.jpg

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
They are Appliance rims...they had to be drilled to fit the Tiger (p.o.)- the knock offs are just for looks. I've seen these rims on at least one other Tiger. I believe they are from the 80's. Thanks!

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Oh!:eek: Wow!:D Sweet!:) Who's paying attention to the slope?

They are nice wheels too. Drilled out from blank or different stud size? Definitely made for 4 studs as 5 wouldn't fit in the pattern.

Still I think I can detect a bit of a slope.

Thanks for the pic. Wish I had a side shot on hand. I do but on slide film.

Justin

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The original bolt holes in the rims were elongated to fit the Tiger lug pattern...they are closer to cylindrical in shape now. And no, I've never had a lug nut loosen up!