Talbot 90 on Craigslist

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I just happened to come across this one while perusing Craigslist. It looks incredibly complete and very restorable but I'm also imagining what it might look like with some customizing...

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/d/santa-ana-1954-sunbeam-talbot-90/7382168193.html

01717_aRAjcleP7xNz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

00A0A_fX91jUDOtPQz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

00s0s_9jjGbfHTypGz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Looks like a very nice car to start with. Love that the rear doors are suicide doors - very cool. I hope this car finds a nice home and owner who will bring out its best.

I noticed a lube sticker on the edge of the front passenger door from Standard Oil of California. Good thing the car has been parked for a while. Don't think the police who be too happy with the rear license plate having 2 stickers with 2 different years and no sticker for the month!

Thanks for sharing.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The rear suicide doors are definitely cool and reading about the model on Wiki, they have a "pillarless" join between the rear door glass and rear quarter window. Never seen anything like that.
Knowing Rootes, what are the chances the rubber seal between the two windows is the same one used on the Alpine/Tiger hard tops?

1920px-Sunbeam_Talbot_90_Rear_Window.JPG

Last edited: