Temperature sending unit wiring

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
Quick question
Does the green with blue tracer wire and black wire both go on the screw thread of the sender unit or just the green with blue and the black wire goes elsewhere?

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The black wire is the ground wire that connects to the screw on the metal T block the temp sender threads into. The green/blue wire connects to the sender by itself. Assuming you are using the stock set up.

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
B8A0F0B3-D27B-410A-A893-E51A8DC19641.jpeg

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I have the EdelbrocK F4B manifold. The mice got to the wire I would assume the black wire was not attached to anything because of its ring connector but there is no evidence that the green/ blue wire was attached either any thoughts
Thanks

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have the EdelbrocK F4B manifold. The mice got to the wire I would assume the black wire was not attached to anything because of its ring connector but there is no evidence that the green/ blue wire was attached either any thoughts
Thanks
That is not a Tiger/Alpine sender unit for one. A remote ground in not needed in this case. Just attach the Gr/Bl wire and see if the ohms are correct.

Warren

Gold forum user
That's some patina on there :)
Start with the secret sauce of acetone and ATF on all the bits to be removed. Ya don't want that temp sender bringing the aluminum threads..

The stock is a push on spade connector. As I recall the insulator is black .

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
I think it is a 1/8 pipe thread ? And thanks for jogging my memory about soaking the threads especially on aluminum šŸ˜¬