testing posts on new forum

KenF

Gold forum user
Great job on the website migration Theo! And everyone else involved. Looks great!

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I found another challenge. If you hit a link to a thread on the old Forum,

it just sends you to the Forward to the New forum and you don't get to the intended thread/post.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member

it just sends you to the Forward to the New forum and you don't get to the intended thread/post.
I think there's a fix for that. do you have a particular example I can use to verify a fix?

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member

Search engine links are fixed... it's created a somewhat unformatted look at the new forum if you now navigate directly to the old vB forum URL but I will probably be able to fix that also... work in progress.

doug s

Bronze forum user
My grandson a computer tech,solved my problem, he said for anybody that is intersted current google search links broken,manualy type in cat website doug s.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
My grandson a computer tech,solved my problem, he said for anybody that is intersted current google search links broken,manualy type in cat website doug s.
Sorry about that. I was trying to make a forwarding rule work for both search engine links (like Google), and for everyone else's (like the other Tiger / Sunbeam clubs) direct links to the forum index page. I think I have it sorted now, but over the last couple of hours the links would have been up and down like a yoyo.

Technical content: Your browser may save old link results. That can cause problems to appear to persist longer than they should. If you know how, it may help to clear your browser cache, but you might be able to achieve the same effect by just closing and restarting your browser.