The Commer

Cal44

Gold forum user
Was at Smitty's this week. He wants too sell his fixer Commer camper. I didn't have my camera but if anyone is interested I can pop down and get snaps and a price.

The darn things are oddly cute. PM me if interested. We are in San Diego.

Mike

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This is a commer camper van at the phillip island historics in 2009, its owned by Peter Thompson "tomo" who often visits the SUNII/UNITED events in the states.

tiger260

Gold forum user
Commer vans are uber cool. They are not pretentious in any way and are so cute.
I used to work with a guy who had one with a V8 mid mounted.
Very sleepy indeed.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If i can dig it up later there is someone near me who drives a commer van daily.. is a tired looking thing externally.. has the registration plate "TOASTR" .. nice sunbeam reference.. and the thing does look like a 50's fridge on its side with wheels!

steven

Gold forum user
I remember having one in the early 70's. It was a bugger to get the motor out from underneath. After a engine rebuild, did the brakes, was looking for some brake fluid at the father inllaws shed, found some, bleed its brakes. Took it for a run, at a red light, the brake pedal went to the floor, hairy ride, think i had it on 2 wheels as we carrened into a service station and slowed enough to use the hand brake. Later found the resourceful FIL had used the brake fluid container to store some machine oil (buggered the brake seals completely).:eek: