The Tiger found me...

Vinreeb

Silver forum user
@Michael: thanks for the link to the mod tiger site, thats where i have taken the Ideas for the Reinforcements from:)

@Cobrakidz : Thx :) always a good motivation when experienced people say that what im doing is good :)

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Great Work!

@Michael: thanks for the link to the mod tiger site, thats where i have taken the Ideas for the Reinforcements from:)

@Cobrakidz : Thx :) always a good motivation when experienced people say that what im doing is good :)

You are doing great. Please note the little gussets we've learned to install that really helps to prevent cracking in the weak area.

Vinreeb

Silver forum user
Little progress

Guys,
i have to thank you all for your kind help :)
Unfortunately I havn´t had the time to do much on the tiger the last few months.
I have built some kind of garage around the car, just to be able to store some more stuff and heat the place up a littel so i can work when its cold:D
16701048bf.jpg

16701049bf.jpg

Today i managed to weld back on the nuts for the front pumper mounts and one of the front spring mounts... guess this will hold better than original as it is fully welded 3mm Steel.
16701050ip.jpg

16701051dm.jpg

16701052mt.jpg

16701053uv.jpg

16701054cw.jpg

16701055pw.jpg

and again learned one thing... sand blasting without proper equipment is a messy job... only had an old gasmask...
Still some grinding and cleaning to do and randys gussets to ad for even more stiffness

Regards from Germany,

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
I have built some kind of garage around the car, just to be able to store some more stuff and heat the place up a littel so i can work when its cold:

You are my kind of guy:) Impressive work to date on the car as well!

Gene

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
Nice to see you have made some improvements to your working conditions. I have had my fair share of working on cars in the open and car ports until I finally had my own shed. Car is coming along nicely too. Keep at it.

Cheers Mal

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hard Work

It's good to see you putting the hard efforts into the rescue. Be patient and don't forget to have a real life along with the obsession . . . . . .have fun.

Vinreeb

Silver forum user
Umm real life.... have I told you guys that even in such a big Project like a tiger restauration i got tempted... call me stupid, but i just bought a second Vanagon.... a T25 Syncro... so I will have work waiting when the Tiger is done :eek::D
Yesterday I have done the passenger side front spring hanger... All went well, now the inner sills a waiting for replacement.

Warren

Gold forum user
Not Stupid

It's called O.C.D.

Obsessive , Car, Disorder . Those VW's sell for a pretty good price .

I suggest you get treatment right away.