Things are moving along nicely.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
While the shortblock is at the machine shop, I am moving along with the modifications.

Have the linelock servo mounted with new brake lines run.
LineLocka.jpg

Also got the O2 sensor installed and wire harness run. It needs to be easily removable due to free air calibrations. I wish the wire swiveled as it twists up badly removing the sensor.
002-13.jpg

I had a bung installed on each side if I ever wanted to run dual O2 sensors.

Next is to pull the dash so I can get the glove box out. Will build a panel for inside the glove box that will have the fuel pressure and A/F ratio gauge along with the linelock light and O2 calibration button and status light. With the glove box door closed, no "gadgets" will be visible.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
My wife looking into the garage is the same as a pig reading a watch. Just the way I like it!

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
things

i guess i must have gotten lucky or i trained her right. my wife helps pull engines, does most of the hydraulic work, helps assemble the cars and complains if i try to cut corners on whatever we do to the cars. she buys the projects, not me. i own one sunbeam,all the others belong to her. she did auto cross her alpine a few times.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Panel is finished, need to paint with black wrinkle paint.

0012-1.jpg

Used BMW 8mm screws and captive fasteners. I knew those things would come in handy some day. I cut the back in order to have access to the back of the panel when it is installed.
0022-1.jpg

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Hmmmmm...looking good !!!! But before you paint spend sometime
with some body filler and fix the bend

Moondoggie

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
But before you paint spend sometime with some body filler and fix the bend

Too late :eek: The wrinkle paint did hide most of that issue though. Wish I would have thought of that yesterday. Hey, is it weird that I laid in bed and thought about how to wire the panel for an hour?

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Too late :eek: Hey, is it weird that I laid in bed and thought about how to wire the panel for an hour?

Not at all !!! Right now I have my Tiger stripped and in the body shop, New engine being put together this week and work on a secret transmission install....some nights I toss and turn for hours
working out details....

How's that motor coming along ??? Are you going with a sleeve and what about that piston groove....

Moondoggie

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
How's that motor coming along ??? Are you going with a sleeve and what about that piston groove....

It will be sleeved next week. Piston was not damaged at all. I got lucky.

001-9.jpg

All wired up

002-14.jpg

Only wanted two connections to the wire harness in the car.

003-8.jpg

Bond that is..........James Bond Glove Box.

Left room at the center bottom for one more gauge.... possibly oil temp.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Left room at the center bottom for one more gauge.... possibly oil temp.[/QUOTE]

Boost pressure !!!!

Moondoggie:D

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
NASA Connections

Does a guy with dark sunshades follow you around with launch codes in a brief case ??

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
About finished.

The WB O2 electronics need a really good ground and all grounds must be to the same location but not stacked due to any change in resistance due to corrosion can change the voltage. This is spelled out several times in the install manual. So my fix was to use a wire bridge and ground it to the engine block which is the best ground possible in a car. Here is what I did -

001-10.jpg

Large wire on top is to the engine block (or will be once its back), wires on bottom are from the WB controller and gauge. Also used it for some other grounds to clean up the harness. It is attached with Velcro.

Pic of the box installed back in the dash -
003-9.jpg

Finally, a video that shows what happens when power is applied. O2 sensor warms up and then gives a free air O2 content. I then show how turning on the instrument lights on dims the numbers on the gauge. I have a feeling that the status LED is going to be bothersome at night with door open. May have to rethink that one.
http://youtu.be/o9WB9HNmzvU