Throttle Bracket

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I'm catching up on posting projects, this is a replacement for the sheet metal Tiger gas pedal linkage.

This is made with 1.5" x .0175" aluminum angle, about 5 inches long. Besides the aluminum angle you will need 2 3/8" rod ends and related hardware. The thin adjusting nuts that often are used are helpful as well, and finally 3/8" split locking collar(s).

This bolts into the stock location, and depending on fit should not require any other changes.

The throttle arm can be reused or an aluminum one can be purchased from Speedway Motors for about 10 bucks and a small extension made that should replace the old one.

I don't have the step by step up on the website yet, but here is the diagram on how to make it all work.

Happy Motoring!

Sandy

sandy

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doug -

If you have the time feel free to make some up ;) I'll just need my design fees up front :)

It's pretty easy to make when all said and done, a fun easy project and unlike many of my others this one doesn't wreck your car!

Sandy

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Am doing this too, and thanks again Sandy for another great idea.

Rather than fabricating an extender for a 10.00 aftermarket lever arm, I have designed a new arm to weld to another (double split for additional clamping force) split collar.

I am in Thailand where one can get little production runs done at reasonable cost. The arms are being water jet cut next week, and the economy of scale is such that once I make the three I need, the incremental cost for more is minimal.

Easiest just to post you the arm, but I could weld it into the completed assembly if you do not have the means to do so yourself.

Will post a pic when I am done, but by then it is too late if you want one. I will not be doing this again once my personal needs are met. If anyone wants in on it, now is the time to speak up. No idea of the cost until I am done, but the arm itself will not be expensive.