Tiger 6 Blade Fan

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What is the diameter of the center hole in the LAT or Maverick 15" cooling fan? Anyone have a picture of that fan? Thanks for any expert input!

Rick

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What is the diameter of the center hole in the LAT or Maverick 15" cooling fan? Anyone have a picture of that fan? Thanks for any expert input!

Rick
Ford products were 5/8" . The Tiger water pump hub has a 1" raised boss on it. Replacement pumps usually have 5/8" shafts. If you are stuck with a Tiger hub, get the critter pressed off (carefully) and reverse it. Pay close attention as to where the hub should sit so that the fan belt runs true.

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Ford products were 5/8" . The Tiger water pump hub has a 1" raised boss on it. Replacement pumps usually have 5/8" shafts. If you are stuck with a Tiger hub, get the critter pressed off (carefully) and reverse it. Pay close attention as to where the hub should sit so that the fan belt runs true.
Thanks Randy. I appreciate the info.

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Is the Maverick fan the same on both the 6 and 8 cylinders cars? Are they only on certain years?

Franchi

Silver forum user
The original LAT fan is different from the Maverick fan if you are looking for originality.
The original LAT fan was used on 1964, 1965 air-conditioned 6 cyl. Falcons, Mustangs, Comets, etc.
David Franchi

LAT with $2 bill --------- Maverick on box

DSCN8291.JPG

DSCN9355.JPG

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for your input David. I see the Maverick fan has a plastic insert fitted to the center of the fan. With this in place, will the fan work as is on a Tiger or are alterations necessary?
Rick

Franchi

Silver forum user
Thanks for your input David. I see the Maverick fan has a plastic insert fitted to the center of the fan. With this in place, will the fan work as is on a Tiger or are alterations necessary?
Rick
LAT fan has 1" hole, Maverick 5/8", neither have an insert.
David

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
LAT fan has 1" hole, Maverick 5/8", neither have an insert.
David
Hi David. I have the one pictured below. The blades are marked C4DE - 8600 - A, dated
B - 64 with the FOMOCO logo. It has a plastic insert in the center. It looks like your Maverick sample. Rick

FD5A0074-16B8-4967-83F2-37E3899D70D5.jpeg

Franchi

Silver forum user
Hi, does the adaptor adapt it from 1" to 5/8"? If so, yours is the LAT fan.
Haven't seen a plastic/nylon adaptor before, have seen aluminum/zinc adaptors.

David

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi David. I have the one pictured below. The blades are marked C4DE - 8600 - A, dated
B - 64 with the FOMOCO logo. It has a plastic insert in the center. It looks like your Maverick sample. Rick

View attachment 14731
From appearances, that particular fan center looks as if it would install too proud toward the radiator ?

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hi, does the adaptor adapt it from 1" to 5/8"? If so, yours is the LAT fan.
Haven't seen a plastic/nylon adaptor before, have seen aluminum/zinc adaptors.

David
Hi David:
I have the fan out being blasted right now. When I get it back, I'll take all the measurements and post them.
Rick

RIX260

Gold forum user
CAT Member
From appearances, that particular fan center looks as if it would install too proud toward the radiator ?
That's what I think too Randy. It's out being blasted with some other parts right now. When I get it back I'll post all measurements.
Rick